Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By jimny1
Just a warning to others
I had my mobile phone and over 100 euros stolen from my wallet today while taking my car for a retest at the ITV in torrevieja
I first noticed my phone missing while having a coffee near carrefour when i went to use wi fi at the cafe
Then when i checked my wallet it was empty
Someone must have removed it and the phone from my haversack , took the money and put the wallet back in my bag after i paid for the retest , its the only place i can think where i had my bag over my shoulder and they must have been quick , my bank card was still in my wallet though, a bit strange
When my wife called my mobile it kept going to voicemail so someone was either using it or had turned it off
I checked at the ITV to see if anyone had handed a mobile in but they hadnt
I went to avatel to cancel my sim card and will go to report the theft at the guardia tomorrow as they close at 3.00 pm
I hope they will give authorisation to check the ITV security camera at the desk and hopefully see who it was, but i doubt i will see either the phone or money again
So please be careful , i obviously was not and paid the price
By Sheff_Blade
It's rather bizarre that the T-leaf put the empty wallet back in your bag. Why would they do that and increase the risk of being caught? Has anyone heard of this happening before?
By longjohn
Phone and wallet in a front trouser pocket. If someone puts their hand down there "you'll know"
By jimny1
The trouble is wearing shorts the pockets are small and my phone was a larger model, the wallet i could have put there though
By Jimbo1916
I really can`t see where in the ITV centre anybody would get a chance to pinch a wallet and mobile out of a haversack, empty the wallet of cash and then return it back to the haversack !!
If it was in the office itself it shouldn`t be too difficult to see check the time you were in there with the names and addresses of anyone else that was in the office at the same time. Everything is there on their computer including car registration
So I can`t see it being in there.
By Jimbo1916
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 pm
It's rather bizarre that the T-leaf put the empty wallet back in your bag. Why would they do that and increase the risk of being caught? Has anyone heard of this happening before?
Nope.
By jimny1
I am sorry nobody believes me , i am telling it how it was, however bizarre it seems
Its reported now but they said more or less not to hold my breath
I only told the story to make others to be aware and take care as i wasnt , i wish i hadnt bothered now
So much for a helpful and sympathetic forum :roll:
By Jimbo1916
Pickpockets normally work in crowds, so if you`re saying that it happened at the ITV centre, I`m trying work out where, and the only place where you would get a few people would be in the office.
It would be quite simple to tell them what time you were in there and they have only to check on their computer to see who was in the office at around the same time as you.
Anyone in there would be booking their car in for a test.
When you were in there, could you remember if any anyone else was in there at the same time.
And of course, why take the time to pinch your large mobile phone and wallet, search though the wallet, just take the cash and then return it .
By jimny1
Jimbo i have no idea why it happened that way
I had been in there and paid for the retest and just waited for the car to be passed and my sticker at the other entrance and had my bag on my lap there
I did have to go back in as i was leaving as i realised they had stamped my document for september instead of october , not allowing for the 30 day early test, as it did not expire until october 11th, but she rectified it and gave me a new sticker
It may have happened then, as i was waiting quite a while this, i had my bag over my shoulder, but felt nothing or noticed anyone suspicious
I drove straight to the cafe after this by carrefour for a coffee with my wife and when i sat down and went to get my phone out to use with their wi fi found the phone missing and my wallet empty
If i had lost only the phone somehow it doesnt explain the cash missing, or vice versa
To me its been an x files experience having never had anything like this happen before
When my wife tried calling my mobile it kept going to answer machine immediately, so was switched off or had the card removed, its the only explanation
I totally agree with you that not taking the wallet is strange especially with my debit card there, but i dont know what else to think
At the end of the day its only a phone and money , when i read about freddos flooding and others damage in spain it puts this and and my leaking roof in perspective
By Sheff_Blade
jimny1 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:28 pm
I am sorry nobody believes me , i am telling it how it was, however bizarre it seems
Its reported now but they said more or less not to hold my breath
I only told the story to make others to be aware and take care as i wasnt , i wish i hadnt bothered now
So much for a helpful and sympathetic forum :roll:
I do believe you, and apologise if a gave you the impression that I didn't.
By jimny1
Thanks sheff
Please ignore that comment, i was just a bit frustrated with what happened
cheers
By thatjohn
You have my sympathies. We had money taken from our wallet when travelling in Chile. They took it from our rucksack and removed the cash then put it back with all our cards intact. They also stole a small radio and camera. We were shocked but it was a relief we still had cards to withdraw money. They obviously only wanted cash and small items to sell on. So strange and unusual it is not.

Also bumbags are notorious for the beggar scam where they approach you and hold a large begging card against your stomach, held by pressure then they open your bumbag zip hidden underneath and steal your belongings. It's very quick and we nearly fell foul of this were it not for a faulty stuck zip. We don't use bumbags anymore. Beware.
colinas del lago

As the longest running thread that I've followed o[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, som[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]

Consumer Rights in Spain

The consumer is very well protected in Spain. The[…]

Link to new site please

Got it thanks

Hi, I have 2 womens bodywarmers size 18, a womens […]

bump

Estate Agents