Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Beardyboy
Cannot begin to say how pleased I am to see so many new posts.
Please keep them coming, this forum can be a life saver for so many of us.
When I need to get a job done or need to source an item, this is my first port of call.
By Sheff_Blade
Beardyboy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:12 am
Cannot begin to say how pleased I am to see so many new posts.
Please keep them coming, this forum can be a life saver for so many of us.
When I need to get a job done or need to source an item, this is my first port of call.
I'll second that.
By vincemulvey
Hello all
yes im afraid im one of those that only posts on here when I need something .however I read posts nearly every day son ill be posting more from now on

regards
vince
By Bill Posters
I answered your call and in a few days I contributed just fewer than ten conversation starters. Alas! My experience was that of so many others. I was constantly and offensively flamed by Jimbo, none of which were removed.

Finally fed up and demotivated I posted a riposte ~ which could hardly be described as rude ~ and my post was immediately removed and at least one other post of mine ‘sealed’. My efforts at reviving interest were a total waste of time. Like so many others I will leave this forum except for the occasional query.
By Beardyboy
PLEASE DO NOT STOP POSTING,BILL. Might I suggest that you rise above any petty smartness that has offended you.
Life is far too short for foolishness and we are all too often offended. Sometimes, through our pride, we end up the loser. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TAKE THE BAIT AND BE THE GENTLEMAN YOU ARE AND IGNORE PALTRY COMMENTS. THIS FORUM NEEDS YOU.

JANUARY 2019 will see this forum rise from the ashes.
Come on Bill, fight the good fight by turning the cheek. Keep posting.
By faolteam
Bill Posters wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 pm
I answered your call and in a few days I contributed just fewer than ten conversation starters. Alas! My experience was that of so many others. I was constantly and offensively flamed by Jimbo, none of which were removed.

Finally fed up and demotivated I posted a riposte ~ which could hardly be described as rude ~ and my post was immediately removed and at least one other post of mine ‘sealed’. My efforts at reviving interest were a total waste of time. Like so many others I will leave this forum except for the occasional query.

I guess when you have the Keys of the Forum you can do what you want ... :mrgreen:
By kenbowns
Bill Posters wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Yes Bill, definitely the chief culprit to so many people leaving.
To this day I will never understand how he was allowed to get away with what he said to people and not banned from the forum.
He seems to have quietened down a little and a few people seem to be returning.
By Jimbo1916
kenbowns wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 am
To this day I will never understand how he was allowed to get away with what he said to people and not banned from the forum.
Why should I .. I`m not a racist and I don`t like to get involved in politics or Brexit.

I also speak my mind .. and don`t tell lies or b*llshit people and take them for fools.
By Beardyboy
Come on boys, let’s all kiss and make up.
Please put the past behind you and start afresh.
Okay, now that is that...no more snide or smart comments, we are all adults ( I think). So, best foot forward and all that!

Don’t know about the rest of you but in the past few years I have lost some wonderful friends through death and have grown to realise that my life is moving far too fast for my liking and there is no going back. What do we achieve by causing hurt to another fellow human being when we could just as easily bring a smile to their face? I am no goody two shoes but know that there is so much goodness in all of us. Just look at the hell that is happening to the family whose child fell down that borehole and think about all those men who are working far belowthe ground digging tirelessly in an effort to save the little boy.

This is a forum, designed to offer friendship and help to English speaking people in the Torrevieja area. It is not supposed to cause a rift between members, it is supposed to offer a hand of friendship to strangers. Please take a step back and try to understand that some folk are easily offended whilst others are more thick skinned. We are all different in design but are still human beings who deserve respect from one another.

Lecture over! I am sitting outside with an anorak on in a gale force wind ! I would need to wise up and go inside before I get my death of cold.

Please, think before you speak. Best wishes to you all.
DIY purchase needed on Sunday

Any ideas if there is a Chinese shop or DIY shop a[…]

CAR HIRE ALICANTE AIRPORT

I don't know who wiber is but it also comes up wit[…]

Memory stick problem

Thanks for explaining that to me, you learn someth[…]

Cheaper Chemist Please

Thanks for a wonderful response from everyone that[…]

Kinchy .

Found it . You have a P.m. Kinchy . Click on at th[…]

Satellite signal

Or a change in the weather? We sometimes lose our[…]