Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By Alf Tupper
Hi folks,
When I come over to Spain I watch virgin TV via the app on my tablet. Is it possible to link my tablet to the TV so that I have a bigger screen?
Cheers
Alf
By TVTechnology
Some tablets have a mini HDMI output which you use a mini to full HDMI lead to plug straight into the TV - however a lot of tablets don't have this option.

Does the Virgin app allow you to cast straight to the TV? For example on my ipad and a modern Samsung smart TV, on apps such as Netflix or Youtube, there is a 'cast' button which jumps the picture straight to the TV, no cables (or other extras needed, such as the chromecast).

However a lot of apps for content & licensing reasons to not have this option deliberately - so will depend on the application being used also sometimes. If you have an HDMI output on the tablet and 'screen mirror' then this can help bypass this type of issue.

As freddo says, chromecast also looks like a possibility.
By Alf Tupper
Thank for the replies. Just checked on virgin site and Chromecast is not compatible and tablet doesn't have hdmi so looks like I'm stuck with watching on my tablet.
Regards
Alf
By Maley
Have a look at the Apple lightning digital av adapter. Use that on mine.
Purchased mine from Argos not the cheapest at £49 but works well.
You can buy cheaper ones but they get bad reviews.
It also comes with a port to keep your I pad charged.
The only other thing you require is a hdmi lead.
Happy viewing.
By Sheff_Blade
Alf (and others who post similar questions on here), you need to provide more information to give people a chance responding to such questions.

What tablet have you got? What TV have you got? What are you trying to display on your TV (iPlayer, Now TV, Live NetTV)? What Virgin app is this, Virgin TV Go?
By TVTechnology
Alf (and others who post similar questions on here), you need to provide more information to give people a chance responding to such questions.
After doing support for over 10 years, the most obvious point I could make, is people do not do technical explanations or enough detail, unless you chase them down down for information.

We often get emails/calls - 'I have no TV' - nothing more, not what system they have, the hardware they use, location or anything of any use to us to act on or help support wise. Human nature I guess.

Used to it now, but I would say the majority of times, the information provided by people wanting help, is inadequate - we have to ask further questions in order to give to give useful help.

I do also wonder why people ask these specific type questions on a Torrevieja forum, when often the easiest solution is to type the question straight into google. :D

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
By Sheff_Blade
TVTechnology wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm
After doing support for over 10 years, the most obvious point I could make, is people do not do technical explanations or enough detail, unless you chase them down down for information.

We often get emails/calls - 'I have no TV' - nothing more, not what system they have, the hardware they use, location or anything of any use to us to act on or help support wise. Human nature I guess.

Used to it now, but I would say the majority of times, the information provided by people wanting help, is inadequate - we have to ask further questions in order to give to give useful help.

I do also wonder why people ask these specific type questions on a Torrevieja forum, when often the easiest solution is to type the question straight into google. :D

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
We also have so-called 'expert' users who email us with "the website's not working"!

I also agree about Google though it's nice that people feel confident to use this website for such things, mainly because others such as yourself are happy to give them the time to help. It further goes to show that it would be a shame if this website closed down because of arguments in other areas of the forum.

Have a great Christmas.

Mick
By freddo
Mick There are no auguments on this forum that I am aware of.
Please enlighten me
I agree with the rest of your comments .
By Sheff_Blade
freddo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:44 pm
There are no auguments on this forum
Once again, I agree. There is no aggro at the moment. It must be the season of goodwill!

Merry Christmas Freddo
Gazebo covers

Glad to have helped

For Sale Travel Cot

sent pm

This site

Mine is http (not secure) until I log in with my u[…]

Nebuliser info.

Anyone know please :- My wife has been prescribed […]

TV to spain

A couple of years ago we sent one over from here[…]

Why