Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By gardner8
strolling_minstrel, you do not say who your supplier is?
lincoln45, what do the initials P.O and V.O. stand for?

TIA
By TVTechnology
To simplify - Iberdrola has a day and night tariff - where you pay fractionally more during the day, but a lot less at night.

In the winter HOURS FOR SAVINGS
From 22:00 to 12:00. From October to March

HOURS FOR SAVINGS
SUMMER
From 23:00 to 13:00. From March to October

Roughly speaking - it's about half in the savings hours - so if you can time it use your washing machine / dish washer / boiler moreso in the evening or early morning within these time periods given, you'll save considerably.

We also kicked out the old boiler (no jokes please) which ran at a maximum of 2kw, put in an Ariston Eco friendly one which maxed out at 1.5kw - and has a learning function, gets smart as learns when you use your hot water. This I think may have helped a lot, as boilers use a lot and the old one was 10 or so years old. Bill dropped the month after noticeably.

Depending on the time of year, electricity bills are between 30%-50% lower than last year before we had the day/night tariff and the eco boiler. We also put a new fridge in, though I don't think that makes so much difference - though as a rule of thumb, I will not buy any new electrical item, without an A+ rating.

Last months bill was the highest we've seen so far which was around €140 for one month, which seems high (our bills always high) - but we have not been using wood to burn yet, been using radiators - and the bill is still less than last years of €200+ wood, which in a month wasn't far from another €100.

However, whilst the rate is less day/night - they still have the usual BS charges there is no getting away from - maintenance of supply (always felt that was an insult), IVA etc. A fair old percentage of the rest of the bill, this is where people end up scratching their heads - going why is my bill so much when I used little electricity :(

More info, in English
https://www.iberdrola.es/en/electricity/night-plan
By Lincoln45
gardner8 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 am
strolling_minstrel, you do not say who your supplier is?
lincoln45, what do the initials P.O and V.O. stand for?

TIA
The P and V stand for the day and night rate.
I should have left a bigger gap between P/V and the 0(zero)
By strolling_minstrel
Sorry, Iberdrola as well.
And Lincoln45, are you sure you've got those figures right? 8 cents in the day and 7 cents at night?
By Lincoln45
strolling_minstrel wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:20 am
Sorry, Iberdrola as well.
And Lincoln45, are you sure you've got those figures right? 8 cents in the day and 7 cents at night?
Depends how you are looking at the cost of the electricity. For the actual cost those figures are correct, but if you are including the Energy Access Usage Charge, which is just another way of saying that we have found another way to screw you for more money, then the figure is higher as below

Energy access usage charge
P 5 kWh x 0,062012 €/kWh 0,31 €
V 7 kWh x 0,002215 €/kWh 0,02 €
Total energy amounts to 17/11/2018 0,33 €
Energy cost
P 5 kWh x 0,087922 €/kWh 0,44 €
V 7 kWh x 0,074654 €/kWh 0,52 €
Total up to 17/11/2018 0,96 €
By freddo
on a supply of 5.75KW
P COST IS 0.198071 €/KW DAYTIME RATE
V COST IS 0.098406 €/KW NIGHT TIME RATE