Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By heilan'lassie
bladesboy1 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:25 pm
What is the best Torreta2 or 3 TIA and is it a dodgy area ?
Best for what?

Must be dodgy, 'cos my husband and I have lived on Torreta 3 for the past 21 years.
By Karen Jones
Some areas are a bit messy looking. Too many renovations and extensions and nothing matches. Torreta Florida the best area.
By heilan'lassie
Karen Jones wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:39 am
Some areas are a bit messy looking. Too many renovations and extensions and nothing matches. Torreta Florida the best area.
Totally agree, however, I don't think you could buy a property in Torreta Florida for €30,000.
By bladesboy1
Totally agree, however, I don't think you could buy a property in Torreta Florida for €30,000. ?

Not seen anything that cheap.
By bladesboy1
Is there much trouble / Burglary as we went to see several on the Torretas 2 & 3 many were chained up. Even one of the places we were took by the Agent were the owner had just popped out for half an hour. There were 2 chains around the gate with locks on. :?
By heilan'lassie
bladesboy1 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:04 pm
Is there much trouble / Burglary as we went to see several on the Torretas 2 & 3 many were chained up. Even one of the places we were took by the Agent were the owner had just popped out for half an hour. There were 2 chains around the gate with locks on. :?
I can only speak from personal experience.
Nobody bothers us down here in Torreta 3, and as for burglaries - well, maybe we have just been lucky, but I work on the premise that most people living here have nothing worth breaking in for.............I always joke that a burglar would leave a donation for us !!!
Most of the houses that have locks/chains on the doors are empty. The locks/chains are to deter possible squatters. Many properties are second homes for the Madrilenos, who only come here for the summer and maybe Christmas.
If you can, stay away from agents. Look around the area and buy privately, that's the best way to get a bargain.
When we bought our house in 1997, the agents wanted to charge 5,000,000 pesetas, so we bought privately, and paid 3,500,000.
By heilan'lassie
bladesboy1 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:15 am
heilan'lassie,
Thanks for your reply and info. We will look again this winter.
You are very welcome.
By Info
I often think it would be great to have someone like heilan'lassie show you around an area they are familiar with when househunting. Or even someone with a knowledge of the town to drive you around the different areas and point out the pros and cons. Bee
By heilan'lassie
Info wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 pm
I often think it would be great to have someone like heilan'lassie show you around an area they are familiar with when househunting. Or even someone with a knowledge of the town to drive you around the different areas and point out the pros and cons. Bee
Are they not known as estate agents :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am just a local lass who hates to see people being ripped off.
By Info
But it's the local lass or laddie and their local information you need first heilan'lass - invaluable. Bee
By heilan'lassie
Info wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:03 pm
But it's the local lass or laddie and their local information you need first heilan'lass - invaluable. Bee
:) :) :)
By Sheff_Blade
bladesboy1 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:04 pm
I'd advise anyone in Spain to beware and make sure you're secure at all times, no matter where you are. We have a place nearby, on Paraje Natural and we lock the door even if we're on the roof solarium. Don't get me wrong, we love Spain and it's probably no better or worse than anywhere else, but there are some scallywags around and the relaxed, holiday atmosphere shouldn't lull you into carelessness.
By ann
We keep our grid door locked at all times. Our neighbours had €300 stolen one day, somebody just walked in the door and ran off with a handbag.

I voted as I do in every vote that I am entitled t[…]

24th jan out 6th March return

Is Brexit a done deal?

The whole Brexit process is like the a political t[…]

Makes Ryanair saints

Got back from a break in iceland last week and no[…]

It would be great if they had the furniture as wel[…]

wanted three wheel bike

I have seen them in the Auction at Heradadas quite[…]

El Patio Bar and Restaurant at Calle Ulpiano 16 To[…]

RYANAIR

We flew back last Wednesday we could not hand our […]