Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By gardner8
Does anyone know if it would be better value to buy a gold necklace here or in the uk or are there reasons other than financial that should influence the purchase ? Tia
By freddo
If I was buying a gold necklace I would be looking at the secondhand market much better value I would never buy new gold
By cyclemad
For comparison try both Amazon UK and Amazon ES, they should have similar or even the same products. There are some excellent fair priced jewellers in Torrevieja, including some that advertise that they buy gold and have some used gold items for sale.
By gardner8
Thanks all, so far I have been told that Spanish gold is softer ie 14 or 18 crt and it is not assayed(hall marked), I do not know what difference this makes. Fred, this is a prezzy for a teenager, can't buy second hand but if I was buying for myself I agree.
Consensus so far is buy in uk. :?
By mrmedia
I’m saying it’s hard enough for jewellers to have stock in a fortified shop. It must be a nightmare having a market stall with gold on vis a vis security.

Mrs M bought 18k gold earrings from a discount Spanish jewellers in Elchè last week and was v pleased with the price. Super Hyper Oro, Carrer de la Diagonal, 14, 03206 Elx. Being American, she doesn’t like the 9k gold stuff so was happy to be able to get 18k.
By soapydave
I had a friend who was a jeweller, always knocked me a good 40% off ticket price and he was still making a profit, always ask for discount in a uk jewelers , if they want the sale you will get something off the price ,keep away from H Samuel type stores,
Whole Frozen Duck

Have you tried Pick n Pay. ?

PMs

What happened to PMs? Do they no longer exist on […]

Tablet to Tv

Alf (and others who post similar questions on here[…]

Iberdrola

00 34 916 496 330 It’s the number I use to […]

Importing our motorhome

Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the pr[…]

Que ?

Drive past with San Miguel on your left then turn[…]