Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
I do hope this cock up is not as bad as they say?

PAYMENTS will be cut by HALF for some pensioners as the HMRC tries to correct a catalogue of catastrophically expensive cock-ups and blunders which went unseen and unchecked for decades.
Although they have done NOTHING wrong some pensioners will see £10,000 wiped from their nest-egg.

The string of payment errors made by HMRC dating back over four decades will hit tens of thousands of British pensioners.

The Inland Revenue cock-ups came to light during a ‘data clean-up’ of retirement benefits.

Some will see their retirement income plummet by 50 percent.
Missed payments range from £50 a year, to £10,0000 over the course of a person's lifetime.

But HMRC confirmed those who had not received correct amounts will receive back-dated payments on their pensions and receive future increases.

The errors came about from poor bookkeeping and missing crucial paperwork

Tory peer Baroness Ros Altmann, a former pensions minister, said: "It is almost beyond belief that thousands of pensioners can suddenly be told they will have their income cut because of mistakes by those supposed to be in charge of paying them the right amount.
By old boy
Before anyone gets into a panic, these corrections apply to only those who were members of contracted out final benefit type schemes between 1988 and 1997. And, amongst that membership, it applies only to those whose final benefits have never been or were never subject to a financial check.

This will not affect the majority of pensioners. And a further clarification; it only applies to the portion of the State Pension that derives from the Graduated Pension part (i.e. the contracting in or out) of the Pension, not the whole pension.

It would appear that the DWP has been paying out money that some retirees have also been receiving via their works pension, so in effect doubling up on the GMP portion.
By Aviator
I believe this issue first arose in 2008 when it was discovered that some pensioners in contracted-out pension schemes were receiving annual state pension increases from the DWP and also receiving annual increases on the Guaranteed Minimum Pension (GMP) element of their occupational (contracted-out) pension. This meant that, overall, they received greater state pension increases than they were entitled to.

Adjustments were made to the Civil Service, Armed Forces and public sector pensions in 2008 to prevent these over-payments so it is surprising that this problem has arisen again. The Cabinet Office has said it will write off the over-payments made to Civil Service pensioners (£22M total) and ensure future payments are correct.
By Jimbo1916
No need for any interference by the mods. It was all tongue in cheek. :roll:

It makes the thread sound nonsensical .. Of course people will be affected.....it says so doesn`t it.

Poor old `poppy box ' evans ...
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 pm
thanks Jimbo, I hadnt taken part in the thread so why have a dig, more evidence for my solicitor regarding the libel case.

Hahaha....On yer bike... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hope you`re not affected. See ya in court... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and by the way .. you did take part. !!!
By Jimbo1916
pete evans wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 am
where did i take part? Specavers comes to mind.
You asked Burrababa why did he mention your name.

If that`s not taking part .. what is it then.

What are Specavers .. Are they a potholing group. :lol: :lol:
By Jimbo1916
Yes I agree. Comparing members who use multiple usernames to low life stealing poppy boxes and selling them is indeed very childish, especially as we don`t have members on here with multiple usernames ... and even if we did.... SO WHAT. What`s it got to you with you. So that little attempt at being nasty, clever and smart backfired big time didn`t it. :lol:

You could also say that people who wrongly compare anyone with multiple usernames on here to lowlife poppy box stealers are as despicable as lowlife kiddy fiddlers.

As fair a comparison as yours `Poppy `don`t you think ... and just as pathetic ... and childish. :evil:
Alastair Campbell on This Week

Last night on This Week, Andrew Neil asked Alastai[…]

Aliluz Electricity supplier

Does anyone use this company for their electricity[…]

EOC2611P

Painter wanted

looking for a painter to paint kitchen. Villamarti[…]

Water Sports

Wet suit needed😕

Satelite receiver scanning

Thanks Satandpcguy will have to get it aligned

Jeweller