Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Wendy
Hi can anyone tell me where they sell fitted sheets in 2ft 6 size please
By freddo
I would have a good look at Carrefour they stock odd sizes
By cameron
Every fitted sheet I have slides all over the bed because after a couple of washes the elastic is useless, just paid £27 pounds for a king size one from Debenhams and 27 euros for one from Yorkshire Linen and both useless.
By soapydave
same here, although I think its the heat in spain that degrades the elastic, the black band round my panama hat goes slack in the heat and looses its elasticity and never recovers back to its original size,
By strolling_minstrel
The British Bedding Box opposite Iceland on Avda de las Cortes Valencianas.
Both British and Spanish sizes.
By Beardyboy
If your fitted sheets are not staying in place on your mattress, have you measured the mattress to ensure that the size you are buying is correct.
Do you have a mattress protector beneath the sheet and if so, does it remain insitu on the mattress or is it unsecure too?
Could you put a blanket or bedspread onto the mattress first and make sure it is well tucked in. Now put your mattress protector over that and finally put the fitted sheet on. By now, you should find it difficult enough to get the sheet onto the mattress ,on the last corner,raise the mattress and holding it firmly,get the last corner in place. Your sheet will not budge if you carry out this procedure.
If your bed was made in the UK, a double bed will be 6’3” in length whilst a Spanish bed will be longer at 6’6”. If the sheet is a spanish one,then it will be longer but you did say that the two sheets you referred to were purchased in English shops.
Please let me know if this works for you. Good luck.
By jimny1
Try el campo
Bought lots of bedding from there a while back including fitted sheets and always have sale items
By cameron
Beardyboy wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm
If your fitted sheets are not staying in place on your mattress, have you measured the mattress to ensure that the size you are buying is correct.
Do you have a mattress protector beneath the sheet and if so, does it remain insitu on the mattress or is it unsecure too?
Could you put a blanket or bedspread onto the mattress first and make sure it is well tucked in. Now put your mattress protector over that and finally put the fitted sheet on. By now, you should find it difficult enough to get the sheet onto the mattress ,on the last corner,raise the mattress and holding it firmly,get the last corner in place. Your sheet will not budge if you carry out this procedure.
If your bed was made in the UK, a double bed will be 6’3” in length whilst a Spanish bed will be longer at 6’6”. If the sheet is a spanish one,then it will be longer but you did say that the two sheets you referred to were purchased in English shops.
Please let me know if this works for you. Good luck.
Thanks Beardyboy, I have 2 English beds, one a normal double size and the other a Kingsize waterbed. I do have a mattress protector on the double and have tried a blanket, not possible on the water bed. Without even putting a sheet on the bed you can see that there is no elastic left, no give whatsoever. Think I might find a seamstress to put a small hem in them and thread some stronger eleastic in.
Roll it in glitter Brexit

The chequers thing, in its soon to be watered down[…]

Durty Nellys Torrevieja

First does anyone know if Durty Nellys show the Ir[…]

Spanish incompetence

Its like my property, someone had moved the decima[…]

Fencing

What about Brico at Elche or Aki

Sheets

If your fitted sheets are not staying in place o[…]

Would you trust Labour

you trying to out do your Welsh mate Jonesy for wh[…]