Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

I am not at all surprised this censorious forum is now so little used... and, I speak as a poster who started on it after I arrived here in 2007 (I had been working here since 1999).

Fantastic then, it wasn't unusual to see every day scores of posts in the more popular threads. Many posts, including mine, were commented on over 1,000 times. There was a real buzz to it.

Like many others, my interest waned because of small-minded back-biting. In fact, I refrained from commenting when abut 6 months ago I was told I was 'talking through my ass' by Fred: a nice guy. His nasty riposte, so typical of certain others, is the reason folk are reluctant to identify themselves. Cunning Plan: call this forum, 'Posters Anonymous'.

Like most writers / journalists, I use a pen name; I have been doing so since 1984. Am I the only one removed for using a pen name? Yes! Explain that?

My only intention on this occasion was to warn my Torrevieja neighbours of a scam so they could hopefully avoid falling prey to it. The scammers will delight in Fred's action and will undoubtedly applaud some others. Elsewhere, this approach to what has become a real problem ~ including the police ~ was appreciated in the spirit intended.

Soon, there'll be less than a clique of 10. I won't be commenting ever again or recommending this forum; nor would I advertise in it. No doubt, you will quickly remove this reply.................
Last edited by Bill Posters on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't wait for "who done it". Is it a case of just a different handle on a different forum - which is not a crime or is it plagerism - although I think that only applies to academic work, or something more dark and sinister. Miss Marple where are you? 8) 8)

Bee
Big difference in warning people of a scam and making up a preposterous story and pretend that it happened to you.
But that`s typical of Michael Walsh and I seem to remember him being booted off of here some time ago.

Much better to do this .. EWN 23/6/2019 .. Incredible as it seems, at least it happened.

SEVEN people (six men and one woman) have been arrested in connection with burglaries across the Costa del Sol.
The investigation began in March after there were several burglaries that had similar incidents.
The burglars used lock-picking techniques on vehicles that have been parked in public areas.
Once successfully inside, they would take the house keys and find the vehicle documents in the glove compartment to find the house address.
They would break into the victim’s properties, steal cash and jewellery and then place the house keys back into the cars.
Please tell me when I am supposed to have told you this

Like many others, my interest waned because of small-minded back-biting. In fact, I refrained from commenting when abut 6 months ago I was told I was 'talking through my ass' by Fred: a nice guy. His nasty riposte, so typical of certain others, is the reason folk are reluctant to identify themselves. Cunning Plan: call this forum, 'Posters Anonymous'.
I neither forget nor make up such nasty unjust riposte; it was certainly words to that effect. I had merely pointed out that anonymity allowed to forum members was too often abused. I suggested that trolling and flaming by anonymous posters was causing disquiet and a haemorrhage of members.

I use many social platforms and I am unaware of any being so lax in member management. And, too often, Fred, you have aligned yourself with trolls, who you know are irritating other forum users. I will return when the forum is under a more responsible management.

My post was removed because I use my pen name, Bill Posters. So it seems anonymity is granted to all others except Bill Posters / Michael Walsh. Yes, the burglar community will be grateful to you for removing my post warning others of the modus operendi of their lowlife occupation.
Bill Posters wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:49 pm
. I will return when the forum is under a more responsible management.
Oh dear Walshy .... How dare you besmirch the character of our Fred.

And don`t bother returning because this forum is closing down at Christmas. ... I would have thought that bill poster would have known that as it`s been the main topic of conversation for months.

As far as the burglar community is concerned .. As there has not been any reports whatsoever in the local press of burglars using `smart` devices to break into cars solely to steal their house keys ... unbeknown to the owner .. so that they can be used at a later date to ' plunder` their home, I think we can safely assume that it's not a major problem in La Siesta and the surrounding areas.

And are seriously suggesting that the burglar community of Torrevieja read this forum. :lol: :lol:

You`re not related to wingman are you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
New forum

As this forum is about to close I guess there`s no[…]

WANTED Ladies & Gents Bikes.

Looking for a ladies and gents bikes, Thanks

Aha No more than I would have expected from a lo[…]

Video tape to dvd

Hello marylou Jasons card shop on La Marina Urb us[…]

New Torrevieja forum problem

It's back up. Owner says the original issue was wi[…]

A short video of the works currently in progress o[…]

AEPD Data Protection