Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Union man
superdupergarycooper wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:57 pm
Is there a UBER taxi service at Alicante airport and in Torrevieja/Orihuela Costa? TIA

No I don’t think so. There was `a serious issue with Uber they virtually run them out of town
By Deb64
Uber don't operate in this area of Costa Blanca although cabify are in Alicante, as for torrevieja they have their own taxis and like wise for Orihuela Costa.
By harrodene
At alicante airport loads of black saloon cars and transit Van's with blue number plates at the rear or car which would suggest UBER does exist.
Also around orihuela Costa there now is taxicosta which more reliable than radio taxis.
By Info
Yes harrodene I saw some of those vans parked outside the old terminal building with men dressed in white shirts and black trousers standing around them. As we were standing waiting for people to come through arrivals there was a man dressed similarly with a clipboard meeting people i.e families and people on their own and then another man, presumably their driver arrived and took them out the door where you get the taxis and buses from.

Bee
By Sheff_Blade
harrodene wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:30 pm
black saloon cars and transit Van's with blue number plates at the rear or car which would suggest UBER does exist
I'm curious as to this connection with Uber. We have Uber in Sheffield and the drivers use a vast array of different vehicles. I sincerely hope that Uber do come to the CB, Torrevieja at least. They provide a very good service in Sheffield at a good price.
By Info
That accounts for the vans I saw with the blue number plates. Obviously pre-booked by families. I have seen some of the 9 seaters around Torrevieja which is great for families and groups of more than 4 people.

Bee
Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]

No I haven't seen that place before so I will take[…]

Estate Agents

I Think so many Estate agents are con men. I lived[…]

Happy Mobile

Did you mean Happy Movil or Happy Mobil I is owne[…]

Christmas Fayre 23rd November

Tthe Marina Bar calle de las Rosas Charity Christ[…]