Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By happyhotspur
Does anybody know where I can purchase an Amazon firestick 4k?
Amazon.co.uk does not have any in stock until late August and Amazon.es does not stock this item.
I tried flebay.es but the account would not let me complete the purchase
By freddo
I believe Amazon have sold out of Firestick 4K due to being swamped with Prime orders and most of the ones on Ebay are older Generation Firesticks if you wait a few weeks there will be a few for sale on Forums as people decide they can not use them
By happyhotspur
Have just purchased the Firestick 4k and since plugging it into my TV and Sonos surround system I have lip sync issues that are so bad I cannot watch live TV using the Firestick.
My system is a Sonos plugged into ARC HDMI2 and Firestick into HDMI1
I suspect I have a throttling issue with my isp provider, but I cannot resolve the lip sync issues with the stick.
Thought I might have it located close to the router and picking up interference using WiFi, so I have tried using the Firestick in a different room via WiFi and get the same results although it seems okay for a little while then goes out of sync again, but I have now plugged my Mag box in via WiFi and no lip sync issues with it in either the main room which is located next to my router or my other room via WiFi and am getting no lip sync issues.
Is there any settings on the Firestick that I can adjust to try and sort the issue out? Or do i just stick with my Mag box?
By tonygold
happyhotspur wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:36 am
Have just purchased the Firestick 4k and since plugging it into my TV and Sonos surround system I have lip sync issues that are so bad I cannot watch live TV using the Firestick.
My system is a Sonos plugged into ARC HDMI2 and Firestick into HDMI1
I suspect I have a throttling issue with my isp provider, but I cannot resolve the lip sync issues with the stick.
Thought I might have it located close to the router and picking up interference using WiFi, so I have tried using the Firestick in a different room via WiFi and get the same results although it seems okay for a little while then goes out of sync again, but I have now plugged my Mag box in via WiFi and no lip sync issues with it in either the main room which is located next to my router or my other room via WiFi and am getting no lip sync issues.
Is there any settings on the Firestick that I can adjust to try and sort the issue out? Or do i just stick with my Mag box?
handy video fix :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mw2wqOQeHU
By happyhotspur
tonygold have done all that already but as i have no apps on my firestick except my iptv supplier I only cleared the cache on that app but still lip syn issues on live TV, I don't have gears.
As its a brand new Firestick i have as yet not put any apps on it so no cache issues
But thanks for the link much appreciated
By keats
Go into settings on your stick, then sound settings, then go on surround sound settings, this could solve your lip sync problem.It sorted mine out.
By happyhotspur
Thanks I tried that but still have lip sync issues
I used the inbuilt iptv tuner and lip sync is fine
I also used my Mag322 subscription connected to the TV and my Sonos surround and no lip sync issues, plugged the Firestick back in and lip syn was out
I have tried with just the TV sound and still only get lip sync issues with the Firestick
If I had hair I would now be pulling it all out
By freddo
If you want I can meet you somewhere and tale the Firestick and see if I can fix it for you, I will be around Algorfa at 11.30 today
By happyhotspur
keats I have tried doing what you suggested and when I go into sound settings and click on surround sound I get three option
Stereo
Always Dolby Digital Plus
Always Dolby Digital
Have tried all three settings and have still got the issue

freddo thanks for the kind offer however I have had this stick on test by an engineer and he could not find any issue with the stick
He seems to think its some other setting on either the TV or the Sonos system that needs adjusting

Thanks again both but seems like I will just sell the Firestick if I cannot resolve this issue

Me too.

AEPD Data Protection

Good point Bee, it was about 12 years ago that I t[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

Thanks to Gary for everything and best wishes for […]

Brexit should be cancelled. We all know it is a ba[…]

colinas del lago

We will probably never know how it all worked out […]

There is no regular bus airport to Dream Hills bu[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, s[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]