Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Available For Sponsorship.
This section is for those that are learning the Spanish language.

Moderator: Moderator

By mariac
I have just discovered something wonderful If you have a Google toolbar go to options click on translate words and lo and behold when you hover over an english word you see the spanish palabra as if by magic!!!!!
You can do it in French german and chinese too Sorry Steve no Thai
By colinbeaven
Online translators can be a wonderful thing! Although I once received travel directions to a hotel in Madrid which said that the hotel was near "Shuffles Airport" (Barajas is the name of the airport, barajar means "to shuffle"). So use with care.
By Jane C
which said that the hotel was near "Shuffles Airport"
I like that one - must remember it. It's better than my recent favourite "El Parque de Bomberos del Mar Menor" - "The park of firemen of the Lesser Sea" :)

Jane
By reddragon
Jane - did you ever solve the mystery of that fishy San Pedro tourism thing? Lost now so I can't remember what it was all about!
By Jane C
No I didn't. I can't remember what it was now either- some weird mistranslation. Similar to you on another thread, I think learning other languages is fascinating (well I would I suppose, wouldn't I?) and I especially like working out WHY people reach odd conclusions about translations - but that one had me and many other minds defeated. Put it down to San Pedro - there are some very odd people round here. :?

Jane
By Wendy
mariac wrote:I have just discovered something wonderful If you have a Google toolbar go to options click on translate words and lo and behold when you hover over an english word you see the spanish palabra as if by magic!!!!!
You can do it in French german and chinese too Sorry Steve no Thai
I have the Google toolbar and although the translator is ticked and set to Spanish it doesn't do any thing!! what am I doing wrong?
colinas del lago

We will probably never know how it all worked out […]

Thank you John for your kind words also Josie. Ros[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

It is a thank you from me as well Gary for the har[…]

There is no regular bus airport to Dream Hills bu[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, s[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]

Consumer Rights in Spain

The consumer is very well protected in Spain. The[…]

Link to new site please