Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Available For Sponsorship.
This section is for those that are learning the Spanish language.

Moderator: Moderator

By Info
Que guapa. Hay photos en El Diario Informacion hoy de la Infanta Leonor. The Princess has said that Don Felipe "cae la «baba» con su hija"
I presume every magazine in Spain will be carrying photos this week of Baby Leonor.

Bee
By Jane C
Los bebés son siempre bonitos ¿verdad? aunque las familias reales no suelen ser MUY atractivas por lo general :shock:

Leonor parece como dice su abuela - gordita, con cara redonda y con el pelo castaño... a ver como crece (!!)

Juana
By beastess
Saw the pictures when I was having my free browse in the chess cafe. I notice also in various articles that there´s a call for scrapping the law which would make a male succeed to the throne before Leonor. I suspect that the Spanish parliament will change the law with this beautiful baby in mind... Could have far-ranging effects if other European countries decide to follow suit. I shall watch with interest.
By Intasure
Guapa? Hmmm tendre que buscar mi diccionario, igual han cambiado el significado de la palabra. Mas que guapa diria "una bola"!

Jane, se puede decir, "fea en la cuna, guapa en el altar" o tal vaz este refan no tiene el mismo sentido en espanol.
By Maria B
ok so we all speak Spanish! very impressive :lol:
By Jane C
"fea en la cuna, guapa en el altar"
Not sure if it's said, but it would certainly be understood!! I've got no idea whether the baby's pretty or not, her parents aren't too bad looking so she's in with a chance.

As you know, in Spain no-one criticises the royal family in public, so Leonor is PRETTY!!!! (and she's got a LOVELY name!)

Regarding the row over succession. I think the government have every intention of changing the law so that Leonor can be queen one day, even if she has a younger brother. Apparently it will be better to enact the law before said hypothetical brother is born, otherwise he might be able to make a claim to the throne based on the law being changed after his birth!!

Of course Letizia had a caesarian didn't she, and you're not supposed to get pregnant too soon after one of those, so it gives them a bit more time to sort it out!

Dear me, I am having a cynical day today!!

Jane
By Maria B
Por supuesto que no :D
By Cinuelica
Jane C wrote:
ok so we all speak Spanish! very impressive
I don't think the occasional burst of Spanish does anyone any harm :?

Jane
It does for thickos like me - I feel isolated, and alone, I'm trying my hardest to learn :cry: :cry: :cry: and I can't understand a word you're saying :cry: :cry: :cry: Apart from the fact that the baby is pretty :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Jane C
Los bebés son siempre bonitos ¿verdad? aunque las familias reales no suelen ser MUY atractivas por lo general

Babies are always pretty, aren't they? although royal families are not usually VERY attractive on the whole

Leonor parece como dice su abuela - gordita, con cara redonda y con el pelo castaño... a ver como crece (!!)

Leonor looks like her grandmother says - chubby with a round face and brown hair - let's see how she grows!

Juana (la loca)

Jane (the madwoman)
By Cinuelica
Thank you Jane :D
By Info
I am not as cynical as you about the Spanish Royals Jane. Their mother has done a great job on them. They may not be the prettiest bunch but they sure got lovely manners and nice personalities. Of course Leonor will always be fabric softener to us!!

Bee
By Jane C
Don't misunderstand me I have every respect for them, in fact I think they are probably really nice people!! I just mean that even if Leonor turns out to look like the back of bus, no one will be inclined to say so!!

Jane
By Cinuelica
Oh I don't know, Jane - I bet a few on this board would :D
colinas del lago

We will probably never know how it all worked out […]

Thank you John for your kind words also Josie. Ros[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

It is a thank you from me as well Gary for the har[…]

There is no regular bus airport to Dream Hills bu[…]

This site is closing at the end of this month, s[…]

Images of the Crib/Belen

It's just at the side of the church on the Ayuntam[…]