Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By cameron
Looking for someone who sells Rotary watches, don’t mind traveling.
By cameron
Thanks everybody but not looking to buy. I have a rotary watch and stupidly got a new battery at San Miguel market, no way could 3 men get the back of the watch on and I was told to take it to a jeweller who had a machine. I went to Habaneras and got it put on with no problem but now the hour hand won’t move, I took it back to the jewelers who said I needed a shop who sold rotary watches. I really want to get it repaired for sentimental reasons.
By freddo
I went to the watchmaker at the Mercadona shopping parade at Playa Flamenca and had my Rotary done had no problems he knows what he is doing
By Jimbo1916
freddo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am
I went to the watchmaker at the Mercadona shopping parade at Playa Flamenca and had my Rotary done had no problems he knows what he is doing

My wife says that he`s moved but there is a map on the door of where his new shop is.

And yes he`s very good.
By cameron
Thank you Jimbo I will try that. It is only the hour hand that has stuck but nobody wants to fix it.
By soapydave
they probarly could,nt get the back on as the battery was to big, and by forcing the back on its damaged the hour hand movement, known that before with buying batterys from non watch shops,
By cameron
soapydave wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:21 am
they probarly could,nt get the back on as the battery was to big, and by forcing the back on its damaged the hour hand movement, known that before with buying batterys from non watch shops,
I think that is exactly what has happened although the jewellers in Habaneras didn’t make any comment, in Fact I offered to buy a new battery but she said it wasn’t necessary.
By freddo
If you still need a repair go to Guardamar in the main street at the north end on the right of street there is a jeweller who will do it there is a big clock hanging outside the shop
By TVTechnology
Depends how well you want it fixed - if it needs new hands or mechanism, then more than just a battery change and may need someone who can actually service a watch properly - most jewellers can do a battery swap and link removal.

I found the online service centre form for the UK, if you want sent off and done properly. https://sav.rotarywatches.com/ I do actually have the tools myself, but they are not the greatest and would not want to damage a heirloom. It shouldn't be that difficult to get the back off for the battery, usually a 2 minute job - the issue is more if you want to make sure is water resistant (which will depend on the type of watch) as the jewellers don't usually pressure test them, they need to go off to a service centre. If the hands are not moving then either the first new battery was a dud, or you may need a replacement mechanism (it won't be too much as Quartz, not expensive automatic), which at that point, maybe better dealing with a proper watch repairer or service centre to get you the correct parts.

Also - which may be of interest, if you send back to official service centre you may be able to get the watch tidied up a bit - I recently sent an old watch off to a service centre - new bezel (scratched to bits), polished the strap buckle to remove scratches and a pressure test to boot. Reassuringly expensive, but i'll get almost a brand new 25-year-old watch. May be useful if old watch and you want to bring back to life a little?

https://sav.rotarywatches.com/ Rotary service UK , maybe you can post (I did), or they know where in Spain, though you'll still need to post.
By cameron
TVTechnology wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:34 pm
Depends how well you want it fixed - if it needs new hands or mechanism, then more than just a battery change and may need someone who can actually service a watch properly - most jewellers can do a battery swap and link removal.

I found the online service centre form for the UK, if you want sent off and done properly. https://sav.rotarywatches.com/ I do actually have the tools myself, but they are not the greatest and would not want to damage a heirloom. It shouldn't be that difficult to get the back off for the battery, usually a 2 minute job - the issue is more if you want to make sure is water resistant (which will depend on the type of watch) as the jewellers don't usually pressure test them, they need to go off to a service centre. If the hands are not moving then either the first new battery was a dud, or you may need a replacement mechanism (it won't be too much as Quartz, not expensive automatic), which at that point, maybe better dealing with a proper watch repairer or service centre to get you the correct parts.

Also - which may be of interest, if you send back to official service centre you may be able to get the watch tidied up a bit - I recently sent an old watch off to a service centre - new bezel (scratched to bits), polished the strap buckle to remove scratches and a pressure test to boot. Reassuringly expensive, but i'll get almost a brand new 25-year-old watch. May be useful if old watch and you want to bring back to life a little?

https://sav.rotarywatches.com/ Rotary service UK , maybe you can post (I did), or they know where in Spain, though you'll still need to post.
Thank you. I did go to the jeweller at Playa Flamenca and unfortunately he is unable to do it and says I have to take to a rotary dealer as the hand is broken We walked round Torrevieja and Zenia Boulevard and the jewelers have never heard of rotary so don’t Think it is a common make in Spain. Thanks for the link and I will ask my son to take it back to UK next week and send it off for me.
A little church humour:-

A Little Church Humour !! > >> > >[…]

We have a box supplied by The Post Room in San Mig[…]

I will collect them if you pm me the address thank[…]

Teams and riders can be seen here. https://www.cyc[…]

Car air conditioning top up

Seals will have dried out then and will leak again

Fred I just sent you a pm. Bee

Gas boiler

Ok thanks

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities