Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Solent
Hi
Thinking of buying a small 1 bed apartment In villamartin / surrounding area as a bolt hole for the family
No to rent out
What costs can I expect over a month / year
Non resident tax
SUMA
Water
Electricity
Bins
Maintenance ( this I presume about 600€ yearly. For what I’ve been looking at

And anything else I don’t know about
Bin collection. ? Etc

I know figures will not be precise but ball park figures would be great to help decide whether the investment would be worth considering as opposed to renting / hotels etc

Lsp when buying say the apartment is up for €50000
About what percentage can I expect to pay on top of that to complete
And what additional fee are going to crop up
Any info would be great
Thankyou in advance
By Info
You should add insurance and bank charges to your list. Community fees will vary and are based on the size of your property. Ballpark figure €1500per annum. Add 10 to 12% to buying price for tax and legal fees etc

Bee
By ann
I was only looking back at my bank account for the year during the week, to run a 3 bed holiday home it cost €1300. This included all my bill's, water, electricity, rubbish, community fees etc. I only spend approx. 6 or 7 weeks a year in Spain.
By bolton wanderer
Solent wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:38 pm
Hi
Thinking of buying a small 1 bed apartment In villamartin / surrounding area as a bolt hole for the family
No to rent out
What costs can I expect over a month / year
Non resident tax
SUMA
Water
Electricity
Bins
Maintenance ( this I presume about 600€ yearly. For what I’ve been looking at

And anything else I don’t know about
Bin collection. ? Etc

I know figures will not be precise but ball park figures would be great to help decide whether the investment would be worth considering as opposed to renting / hotels etc

Lsp when buying say the apartment is up for €50000
About what percentage can I expect to pay on top of that to complete
And what additional fee are going to crop up
Any info would be great
Thankyou in advance

Non resident tax: Depends on cadastral valuation, not expensive though. We pay approx €120 per year.
Suma : Again dependent on cadastral value, cheaper than UK council tax. We pay €240 per year.
Water : €50 (ish) per quarter (communal pool)
Electricity : About €32 per month when empty! (standing charge on 7.5KW potentia) :( ....rising to about €60 - 70 when occupied.
Community fees : €650 per year, includes building insurance, communal areas & pool. (Is this what you mean by maintenance?)
Non resident bank charge : €120 per year (Sabadell).....Account now closed! look at N26 bank.
Contents insurance : €150 per year
Internet : €24 per month for 50Mb fibre (€100 installation fee)

These are our costs for a 3 bed apartment with a parking space, store and communal pool.

Buying costs : 10% transfer tax, I would allow another 4% to 5% to cover other costs such as notary, solicitor, agent fees, etc. note costs percentage is slightly higher due to relatively low purchase price.

I would consider renting first to make sure you're happy with the area. Renting means you can easily move around without having to pay buying & selling costs (20% ish).

Thanks Bee, I have forwarded this info.to my siste[…]

Estate Agents

Longjohn I hadn't included it until I saw your pos[…]

CHEAP FLIGHTS

Return flight to Paris from Alicante 14th January […]

DKV private healthcare

Does anyone use this company for private healthcar[…]

The Patron Festival or Fiesta Patronales Torreviej[…]

Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]