Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By Bill Posters
Spanish EBay

My wife wants to open an EBay account but is told by EBay that because she lives in Spain the procedure to do so has to be carried out in Spanish. This will include a telephone conversation. Has anyone else encountered such problems setting up an account here?
By izzy
Bill Posters wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
Spanish EBay

My wife wants to open an EBay account but is told by EBay that because she lives in Spain the procedure to do so has to be carried out in Spanish. This will include a telephone conversation. Has anyone else encountered such problems setting up an account here?
Hi I have been an Ebay (Spain) member since 2012 here. I had no problem opening the account, and yes it is right you have to open a Spanish account as you live here. As long as you have a Spanish bank account so you can open your Paypal account all is fine. I did not have to have a telephone conversation at all, just did it online. You can do everything on google chrome and have it translated, but I found it easy enough. You soon get used to Ebay in Spanish, in fact over the years I have got so used to it I find it easier :)
PS I think I had to scan my passport for Paypal, then when its set up they take a euro from your account to ensure it is working correctly.
By izzy
izzy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:09 pm
Bill Posters wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:45 am
Spanish EBay

Hi I have been an Ebay (Spain) member since 2010 here. I had no problem opening the account, and yes it is right you have to open a Spanish account as you live here. As long as you have a Spanish bank account so you can open your Paypal account all is fine. I did not have to have a telephone conversation at all, just did it online. You can do everything on google chrome and have it translated, but I found it easy enough. You soon get used to Ebay in Spanish, in fact over the years I have got so used to it I find it easier :)
PS I think I had to scan my passport for Paypal, then when its set up they take a euro from your account to ensure it is working correctly.
By TVTechnology
I also use Ebay.es and UK - post cheaper on .es usually!

I don't remember speaking to anyone when registering, they may do SMS or some form of onscreen help chat if you need.

You could open 2 browser windows, the both Spanish ebay registration page, then the English ebay same page on screen - pretty much mirrors the same format, so you can logically work out where to put your bits of info - may save some time with google translate - though yup, keep that to hand :D
A little church humour:-

A Little Church Humour !! > >> > >[…]

We have a box supplied by The Post Room in San Mig[…]

I will collect them if you pm me the address thank[…]

Teams and riders can be seen here. https://www.cyc[…]

Car air conditioning top up

Seals will have dried out then and will leak again

Fred I just sent you a pm. Bee

Gas boiler

Ok thanks

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities