Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By strolling_minstrel
If you try and book an appointment for residency it comes up with no available appointments at the moment and that's in the whole of the Alicante region.

Mind you, it's been doing that for some time now.
By Info
Britain is still in the EU so it would be advisable to start the process right away by signing on the Padron and beginning your 6 months requirement. If Britain requests an extension then that moves everything by at least 6 months. A crash out changes the goalpost. There are different regulations for non-EU residency requirements in the area of health and income which are more onerous then being an EU citizen applying for residency.

Bee
By wingman
Goalposts do not move. The Spanish govt has issued Ley 5/19 dated 01 March and was rapid published by the Spanish government before dissolution by the King. I have all 36 pages in English translation...it covers all from TIE, Medical, Working, School and Driving Licences. BUT a caveat...its primary aim was to regulate for a no deal exit on the 29th March 2019. But the regulations are prima facia good until repealed or replaced by a future majority working Spanish government...and that is unlikely until about mid 2020. The transition period remains December 2020 for these Spanish regulations Ley 5/19....therefore any extension by UK requires a new Ley by the Spanish govt.
You should read the following which is dissolved from those contingency laws...5/19

https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en/br ... dence.aspx

Old chestnut the Padron...you should not apply for the Padron until you are " habitually resident in your electoral catchment". …..therefore you should not apply for Cert of Reg EU until after 6 months. BUT...chicken before the egg. CNP require one for registration with them. Padron office will issue you one after 90 days...BUT the Padron office tells you it ( ..the Padron for CNP) is only valid for 3 months. You should return with the CNP issued Cert of Reg within the next 3 months...show them and they re-validate the Padron for 5 years (the standard validity period - less period changes of personal details, official body verification and census requirements). Therefore 3 months from estancia and 3 months to get Cert of Reg equals the minimum of 6 months for Padron habitual residence.

Note: A letter regarding pensions (uplifts etc), medical cover (SIP and EHIC) etc is on its way to all officially registered residents in Spain from DWP and DHSS.

Bottom line...if you have been living "under the radar" for many years without registration...you will have a buggers muddle proving settled status (domicile) for a TIE card with the CNP.
By wingman
Britain is in a real mess, People I know who voted out now don't want out. Johnson is a Mungo. Need a second referendum ...probably better debated in the politics area...but I would suggest another referendum would be an overwhelming leave with a greater margin. The EU has now been seen for the nasty, vindictive, self interest only gravy train it is. A black hole of tax payers money.
Today sums it up really...the Germans (who have a recent history of annexations)..want the UK to surrender N. Ireland to the EU as a "hostage" for a clean BREXIT...an absolute NO for any UK government to betray our own citizens. But Corbyn would probably go along with it. You might think Boris is a mungo...but he is miles ahead in polls and popularity than any other politician. Even Marx and Lenin would raise eyebrows at Chicken Jezza.
You do not need to be an emeritus professor of political history to see why we must leave this appalling "puppet" organisation.. the EU...Juncker and Barnier sit together like Muppet Show Statler and Waldorf...whilst Macron and Merkel tell the UK what it must or must not do to meet any BREXIT deal conditions. So who really does run the EU? Clearly not the unelected Commissioners or Council!!
UK will make a good go of leaving... without a doubt...others will follow. Hungary next?
The EU as a globalisation super state project has failed...better to be off and rowing in the lifeboat before the ship hits the iceberg.
By mrmedia
As you say, probably better for the politics thread. Don’t you know? No one talks about Brexit. It’s more formally called 'how to lose friends'. It’s a cancer on our society as a discussion topic. It causes nothing positive.
By Info
I hate getting involved in the Brexit debate particulary as to its effects on the island of Ireland but wingman you are totally out of touch with northern Ireland and how its citizens voted and what their preference is in a Brexit deal. Remember the majority of voters in the six counties voted remain. Listen to the people not the politicians as none of us want to go back to the awfulness of what we have been through in our recent history.

Bee
Last edited by Info on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Info
superdupergarycooper wrote:Is there still time to register for Spanish Residency before 31st October or is there likely to be a transitional period. Not sure what Plonker Boris is up to?
In answer to your query this is the official answer from the UK gov site. So in a nutshell go and sign on at the Padron Office or keep your rental contract safe if you are renting.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-s ... -should-do

"Residency after Brexit

If the UK leaves the EU with a deal, any UK national arriving in Spain before the end of the implementation period will be able to register as resident in Spain under the current rules, and will have their right to residence in Spain protected for as long as they remain living here.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal,any UK national residing in Spain before the date the UK leaves will be considered legally resident for a period of 21 months, irrespective of whether they currently hold a residency document.

In some parts of Spain, UK nationals are currently unable to register as a resident as appointments are not available. If you don’t yet have a residence certificate, the residency advice on the Moncloa website is to make sure you have proof you were living here before Brexit (such as padrón registration or a rental contract), and to keep checking the online appointment system for new appointments.

After Brexit, in any scenario, you will need to change your registration document for a new card. For more information:

read the Spanish government’s guidance for UK nationals in Spain

UK nationals arriving in Spain after Brexit will have to meet the requirements of the general immigration regime.

If you are planning to move to Spain, check the entry requirements"

Bee
By hotspur
Not wanting to be controversial, just factual.
The citizens of Northern Ireland (six counties) voted to remain as per confirmation below:
Northern Ireland
Leave 44.2%
349,442 VOTES
Remain 55.8%
440,707 VOTES
Question for all:
How many counties in Ulster?
By wingman
As you say, probably better for the politics thread. Don’t you know?
Technically correct but thread states...Re: Spanish Residency & Brexit so with the & BREXIT the post was fair game.
Not wanting to be controversial, just factual.
The citizens of Northern Ireland (six counties) voted to remain as per confirmation below:
Northern Ireland
Leave 44.2%
349,442 VOTES
Remain 55.8%...
irrelevant. The UK voted to leave...NI is part of UK last time I looked.
I hate getting involved in the Brexit debate particulary as to its effects on the island of Ireland but wingman you are totally out of touch with northern Ireland and how its citizens voted and what their preference is in a Brexit deal. Remember the majority of voters in the six counties voted leave. Listen to the people not the politicians as none of us want to go back to the awfulness of what we have been through in our recent history.
...same goes for this. BREXIT is NOT about the Island of Ireland. It is about the UK sic N.I....leaving the EU. Agree listen to the people...but listen to ALL the people of the UK ...majority said leave. That's how a democracy functions. Having served in the "six counties" for many, many years...I have many good friends and I keep "in touch". One thing is clear... regardless of 2016 voting statistics...3 years on...no one except a few hundred Nationalists would accept NI either remaining in the EU annexed from the UK ( imagine...no benefits or pension uplifts etc etc) or the slippery slope to unification.
I am British English but I support 100% Westminster in ensuring my NI friends remain in the UK, out of the EU and prevent the regression to the past troubles...most likely if there is even a sniff of unification with Rep of Ireland...that is what they (NI people) tell me.
Bee I think you meant circa 100,000 more voted remain.

I`m surprised you could understand his inane waffle. . and Jimbo1916...your intellectual and reasoned contribution to this topic is....???? :roll:
By mrmedia
Ah well. We tried. Please desist with your cod Brexit arguments. All you are doing is repeating the propaganda statements from others. There will be no Brexit. It is just about some rich people making some money out of the turmoil. There will be a GE and you can vote Johnson or Corbyn.
By harrodene
My neighbour is a ex finna fael councillor and she reckons in 10 years time there will be more Catholics than protestants of a voting age in northern island so more chance of a United Ireland than ever before
Estate Agents

Longjohn I hadn't included it until I saw your pos[…]

CHEAP FLIGHTS

Return flight to Paris from Alicante 14th January […]

DKV private healthcare

Does anyone use this company for private healthcar[…]

The Patron Festival or Fiesta Patronales Torreviej[…]

Great new s

Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]