Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By jimny1
I have a uk ee sim card pay as you go, that was orange, with a number i have had for years, and use it when i go to the uk, also to receive calls in spain from family etc and i can top up credit either online or calling a particular number
It is in an old motorola phone at the moment and it is cut to the limit but works fine
I want to put a new card in a more updated phone as even with changing the battery it doesnt stay charged for long but i want to retain my old number
I will be at heathrow airport for a few hours and have seen there are some shops there selling cards etc
My question is will they be able to give me a new card, micro for example , to replace the old one in the short time i am there, retaining my phone number
I know in spain you have to show a passport and fill forms out due to security issues but am not sure how this works in the uk
I did ask here if they can give me a replacement card but they said only in the uk
Any advice appreciated
thanks
By Lincoln45
Short answer is No. Number is coded to sim.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting- ... -i-do-this

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting- ... -i-do-this

Are you just passing through Heathrow and not entering the UK?
If entering the UK, order replacement sim before leaving Spain and get it posted to a UK address.
If not entering the UK, can you not get a replacement sent to somebody in the UK and have them post it on.
By jimny1
Hi L
I am staying at london airport just one night to get a flight to another country, so have limited time and no address to send it to
Could i get a new card with a new mobile number instead ?
By freddo
You could just top up the EE card you have that way you have the same number but if you need a mucro sim they will change the card but you will still have the same number
By jimny1
Cheers freddo
I have contacted ee and asked about a micro sim to see if they will deliver to the hotel in london i am staying at
I looked on a thread online about this and they did it for someone else last year
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ?

I have only just read your reply and I am extremel[…]

To add to the insurance bit above. Those whose hom[…]

Take a long lie down with a large Larios gin and t[…]

H I have a solar powered casio edifice in perfec[…]

Theft

Jimbo i have no idea why it happened that way I ha[…]

Surplus following move and renovation The lot for[…]

UBER Taxi Servicce

black saloon cars and transit Van's with blue num[…]

Gas BBQ bottles for sale?

Hi, I’ve bought & brought a Weber Gas BB[…]