Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By keith t
Hi,
I am a non resident and have a bank account with sabadell.
I use the account just to pay bills, with the occasional purchase with a debit card.
I have interest and commission charges around 35 euros every 3 months, is this the norm please?
By kenbowns
Hi Keith
I am with Bankia and pay just over €100 annually although they do have an account with no charges which I am going to explore.
I am also non res.
By wingman
Hi KT,
Your quarterly charges sound about normal for your BS account. Some of that is also your card fee. As a non "resident" remember that every 2 years you will pay an additional fee of about E35-40 for the bank to get an official poder (power / auth) from the CNP that you (in fact your NIE / NIF - same thing) remain non resident. (i.e. that your NIE has not been officially linked to an EU Cert of Reg - Residente). This allows them not to withhold fiscal resident taxes for the AEAT against your accounts.
For KB...No such thing as free banking. For "no charges" you will have to deposit a monthly amount into the account...e.g. pension or lump sum ( normally circa E700+)….the bank "uses" your guaranteed monthly income stream to offset costs to run the account. I have such account with DB. Hope this helps.
By dave c
I am non res and had a current account with Bankia which had fees of around 100 a year.
I changed it to their online account ( Cuenta on ) and now pay no fees at all.
Best thing about it is - no waiting in queue in the branch!
By kenbowns
Yes Dave, that is the one I was speaking of and I believe there are no monthly deposits required as wingman thinks.
Dave, are there any differences between the account that you now have against Bankia's previous current acc ?
By dave c
Only difference, Ken, is that it's all done online.
we transfer cash - through currencies direct - every couple of months to pay bills etc.
we withdraw cash with cash card when we go out as well. No charges at all.
By kenbowns
Thanks Dave
We operate in exactly the same way as yourselves so I thing I will change.
Did you do this in branch though ? Do they change all the DD's for you ?
By dave c
Hi Ken,
Yes, we did it in branch when we were out, took about 20 mins. They changed all payments etc.
Take passports and anything else you can think of - as there's usually something they ask for that you haven't brought with you!
By zurgno
I’m in Ireland I just need the bank for paying bills and lodging money into,

so would this work for me ? I’m not great with technology :roll:
By kenbowns
Zurgno

I am with Bankia at the moment and in my opinion their banking app is the best I have had so far with my Spanish accounts, I live in the uk and it works perfectly, if you do internet banking at home you will find the app a doddle.
By bolton wanderer
keith t wrote:Hi,
I am a non resident and have a bank account with sabadell.
I use the account just to pay bills, with the occasional purchase with a debit card.
I have interest and commission charges around 35 euros every 3 months, is this the norm please?

Hi, we're in the process of cancelling our Sabadell key account (non res) because of their obscene charges, we're currently paying €140 per year. :evil:

We've opened a N26 fee free online account which provides a Spanish IBAN so that we can pay our Spanish bills by direct debits. We can fund the N26 account using Transferwise which gives a very good exchange rate/commission in comparison to other services. We already have a UK Santander 123 account which allows fee free use of any Santander ATM in mainland Spain and gives a commission free Visa rate for conversion. We'll cancel the Sabadell account once all our direct debits are in place. 8)

https://n26.com/en-es/?utm_source=googl ... gJ9lfD_BwE

My husband picked his car up this morning from one[…]

UBER Taxi Servicce

Uber don't operate in this area of Costa Blanca al[…]

Laptop repair

Phonefix St Louis did the same repair for me a cou[…]

Buisness idea.

Hi did you know there is a micro brewery at Torr[…]

ITV

Ian, i just found this from one of your previous p[…]

Chairs

Two casual balcony, garden or beach folding chairs[…]