Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Beardyboy
Today, my new Polycarbonate roof was fitted and the old one removed and taken away. What a fabulous job! The amount of light coming in is amazing and the whole galley looks wonderful. It looks so good that we have decided to have the whole place tiled....walls painted at the moment. I cannot thank the person who recommended the firm to us. The whole job cost €375 and the room measures about 18’ X 5’6” so we believe we got a great deal.

Next job is to get reasonably priced tiles. We saw some earlier and liked them.
Very wide rectangular tiles and we can get them in white and a fantastic steel grey. €8.50 plus Iva . Can this sort of price be beaten? We really don’t wish to buy the old fashioned square tiles and like the bigger, wider tile.
Many thanks everyone.
By Beardyboy
We drove over before lunch and found the place easily...there was a Spider-Man on the exterior wall! Ihave never seen anything like this place. Not only do they sell tiles but they have huge concrete planters, garden gnomes, pavers, concrete animals and endless more things.
We found tiles that we like which are the modern long tiles...price €7 per sq.meter. Seems no vat either!
Freddo is certainly in the know and I am indebted to him
We just had a spanish man here to quote for putting up the tiles, 25 sq meters and he quoted €1,400. I thanked him and told him” mas caro”
Surely, this could not be right €56 per sq meter.
I need a drink as I am in shock.
By Beardyboy
Manuel and another young man replaced our polycarbonate roof. I chose white as the original was a light cream/ yellows colour. The end result is fantastic! Utter brightness.

Directions.
Drive to San Miguel.
Ford garage on right hand side, Manuel’s business is directly opposite. They are carrying out road works and making it awkward to get at. To make it easy for you, turn left just opposite the Ford garage, drive up the hill and turn right and right again. The building will be on the bottom left...pinky/red colour. Park along that road. Manuel is married to an English girl called Holly which makes conversation so much easier.

Terrific recommendation from this forum. So pleased to have our leaky roof replaced.
By freddo
Beardyboy wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:06 pm
We drove over before lunch and found the place easily...there was a Spider-Man on the exterior wall! Ihave never seen anything like this place. Not only do they sell tiles but they have huge concrete planters, garden gnomes, pavers, concrete animals and endless more things.
We found tiles that we like which are the modern long tiles...price €7 per sq.meter. Seems no vat either!
Freddo is certainly in the know and I am indebted to him
We just had a spanish man here to quote for putting up the tiles, 25 sq meters and he quoted €1,400. I thanked him and told him” mas caro”
Surely, this could not be right €56 per sq meter.
I need a drink as I am in shock.
How do you get 25sqm I make it 11sqm 18' x 5.5' _99sqfeet = 11 sqm
By Beardyboy
18’long X 5.5”” wide but you have to consider the helght..
2 different people measured it and that is what I was given.
Sadly, I never mastered the metric system and still work in feet and inches.
The wall height is about 7’ 6”
Please, someone, work this out in sq meters.
By old boy
Surely the calculation should be 18 x 7.5 ( length by height) and if going around the corner, you need to add 5.5 x 7.5. If more walls are to be tiled, just add them before converting the area from square feet to square metres.
By woodhai
Hi Beardyboy glad you had a good job done by Selmar. It was me that recommended them to you. I have some more work I might put their way.
Ian
Villasalada Flamenco Show

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :[…]

UK Vehicles

Don't waste your breath Bee... :lol: :lol:

La Mata promenade

Is the promenade finished and open yet? Bee

Rosemary Calle Estay is across from Aquopolis Wate[…]

Trouble in Paradise!

So sorry, I have only now seen your question which[…]

Strange missed call

I missed a call last week and it was Vega Baja hos[…]