Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 pm
-- it would be better to have a forum bustling with informative and intelligent posts as it was some years ago !
Totally agree Tony .. . as long as `intelligent post`s don`t include posts about anything remotely referring to politics
That was the downfall of this forum. The inability of certain members to grasp the fact that other members had a different political view to them and because they were blinded by their extreme opinions found it difficult to put forward `intelligent posts`without resorting to bad language, personal abuse and childish name calling.
You don`t have to look very far for a forum that has the very criteria that you suggest and it`s at the top of the Crevillente Road.
I`ve never seen the point in discussing the politics on a forum with people you`ve never met or will ever meet, and if you did meet them, you`d wish you hadn`t ..... about a country you don`t even live in, that you left for to find a better life and whose political situation has minimul affect on your life in your adopted country. :roll:
By Burrababa
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Burrababa wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 pm
-- it would be better to have a forum bustling with informative and intelligent posts as it was some years ago !
Totally agree Tony .. . as long as `intelligent post`s don`t include posts about anything remotely referring to politics
That was the downfall of this forum. The inability of certain members to grasp the fact that other members had a different political view to them and because they were blinded by their extreme opinions found it difficult to put forward `intelligent posts`without resorting to bad language, personal abuse and childish name calling.
You don`t have to look very far for a forum that has the very criteria that you suggest and it`s at the top of the Crevillente Road.
I`ve never seen the point in discussing the politics on a forum with people you`ve never met or will ever meet, and if you did meet them, you`d wish you hadn`t ..... about a country you don`t even live in, that you left for to find a better life and whose political situation has minimul affect on your life in your adopted country. :roll:
Yes Jimbo--a particular poster who shall be nameless--destroyed this Forum with his constant belittling of senior citizens and anybody else who did not share his political leaning. He destroyed it because he was not challenged by the Admin and things only returned to normal when freddo was appointed moderator.
By Jimbo1916
Things only returned to ' normal ' Tony when he / she left ... for the second time. :wink:

But according to members of another forum he / she was bullied off by consortium of five people who owned a Renault 5.. and is actually revered and admired by said members ...and you know who they are.. :wink:

Although I'm not politically minded like yourself and Kinchy, I do miss the days of light hearted, good natured political banter when a difference of political views was joked about.

Unfortunately because of personal issues that this person had, things started to become nasty with countless derogatory abusive remarks about OAPs and anyone who had the temerity to vote for Brexit or the Tory party ... That nastiness permeated throughout the whole forum with the result that any intelligent discussion on politics was killed stone dead.
By ic
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Hi JImbo, which one is that please?

Good suggestion Ken. Yes that would give positive […]

Fake Grass

Further to my last point they were the only artifi[…]

Costa azul

Ha! Got it. No mention of pensioners discount[…]

Need llamaya sim

Both the following return results for LlamaYa on t[…]

A SVB ambulance with sirens and lights going heade[…]

We fly to Liverpool and Newcastle airports and nei[…]

I went over mid-morning to see amongst other thing[…]

Dem Blades