Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Karen Jones
I'm confused. We both have Spanish wills which are correctly worded. To be on the safe side we are making English wills too. Just ones from the post office as we don't have any assets in the UK . Problem is the English will says , this will revokes any previous will.
By old boy
I haven't seen one of the Post Office wills, but I have doubts that it would be suitable for those living abroad with no assets in the UK.

Your British will should be written to reflect how your assets abroad are to be distributed, and that your estate/s will be dealt with under English/UK law. It may be that it requires to be written by a solicitor, and I personally would not even use the services of the so called will writing companies who are often just fly-by-nights who have no legal training whatsoever.
By retire1day
I am going to get a Spanish one soon, quoted €250. I also went to see a solicitor further South, added a pool with authorisation and another small building with authorisation, another small room with no authorisation, just trying to get a new clean Escritura added with everything on it. Architects will come and measure up etc. Think I have and old garage that is not on the escritura with size added but picture on escritura. Old building in the countryside.
By Info
Karen I would have thought the correct procedure is to get your current Will officially translated into English. You should go back to the solicitor with whom you made your Spanish Will and ask what the proper official procedure is. A lot of solicitors will do a Spanish and English translation at the same time but be careful as you say not to invalidate your Spanish Will. Bee
By Karen Jones
I was chatting to my brother yesterday about wills. I would say he is the sensible one of the family. He admitted he doesn't have a will. Shame on you brother. Get it sorted asap.
I went to the notary in Rojales. Cost just over fifty euro including a translator. Simple will in Spanish and English with the important clause included. Simples

Good Luck, I believe you have your problem sorted,[…]

Take a long lie down with a large Larios gin and t[…]

H I have a solar powered casio edifice in perfec[…]

Theft

Jimbo i have no idea why it happened that way I ha[…]

Surplus following move and renovation The lot for[…]

UBER Taxi Servicce

black saloon cars and transit Van's with blue num[…]

Gas BBQ bottles for sale?

Hi, I’ve bought & brought a Weber Gas BB[…]

detol

is there a spanish eqivalent of detol? ...widely […]