Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

We have been with tv horadada for years and have 50 mb fibre optic internet with a fixed line with free spanish calls , and two mobiles 200 mins and 2 gb internet all for 40 euros per month

They have now been taken over by Avatel and to get a similar package with a faster internet, that we dont need will cost 58.90 , thats 39,99 for just one mobile 20 gb and unlimited calls and 19.99 for the second , with 8 tv channels that we also dont need as we have free spanish tv via an ariel and uk tv via a satellite dish and neflix
We called them to see if we could stay on the same package and they said yes for now but we need to change soon to one of their new packages
It will mean a 50 % increase to stay with them
If we could find another company offering what we have now at a similar price we would change, but we have paid for fibre optic to be installed and it was a lot of trouble to get it wired up and have been trouble free most of the time
If anyone knows or has a better deal with another company i would be grateful if you could let us know
We are in the blue lagoon area
Thanks
We are with T.V Horadada and where paying 46euros for 100mgb plus phone, our 18 month contract was past so we went in to the shop as a neighbour had signed up.
The latest offer was 300mgb for 9.99e for 3 months then reverts to 24.99e, phone is 4.99e

Go in to the shop and ask what offers they have on, as they dont contact you with the latest offers.
Thanks deb
Unfortunately it doesnt cover what we already have and want
My wife had a long conversation in spanish with them the other night, the head office is in murcia now not not pilar, and they e mailed her all the plans available
To get the same that we already have will cost us 59,99
Thats why i am asking if anyone knows another company offering similar but not at rip off prices
If i stayed with them i would expect not to pay more for what i already have, but they are unwilling to do this
cheers
Oh dear, this is news to me.
We too are with this firm but only use their internet connection ,paying €24.99 monthly. We were unaware of any changes so will call into the shop and make enquiries. Our internet is superb even though we do not reside here, we decided to opt for their service but certainly would not wish to be obliged to pay anymore.
Good luck.
I will ask friends who their provider is and if I have any worthwhile info,I will update later.
We are also with tv horadada (over 2 years now) and are happy with the service but I wouldn't want a price increase like the one described. If that happened we have the option of going with ole who also provide fibre optic in our area (Punta Prima).

Do ole provide internet in the Blue Lagoon area? If not, it could be worth checking at their office as their fibre optic coverage has increased over the last 2 years.
We use the PAYG service from TV Horadada. Without notice, it appears that this is no longer available - I received no notice from them, so do not know if our future bookings will be honoured or not. Avatel only offer a monthly service which can be turned on or off a month at a time.

Does anyone know if our paid for bookings will still happen, and if there is an alternative supplier?
We use the PAYG service from TV Horadada. Without notice, it appears that this is no longer available - I received no notice from them, so do not know if our future bookings will be honoured or not. Avatel only offer a monthly service which can be turned on or off a month at a time.

Does anyone know if our paid for bookings will still happen, and if there is an alternative supplier?
We too use the PayasYou go internet from Tvhoradada and after reading this we called in at their office in the Boulevard and apparently it is all as it was - the difference being you go to www.internetpordias.com then go to tvhoradada which will take you to the same booking page as before. Or just google pordias.com and then go to tvhoradada. Prices are exactly the same as before. Was so relieved as it works very well for us!
Hi John1cup

Sorry haven't actually booked through that link as we were already in Spain when we read of the issue and had booked the old way. However, when we called into tbeir office they assured us that nothing had changed apart from the website - he seemed surprised we thought there was an issue! We felt confident when we left their office that all would be fine now we had the correct website adddess.
Could I ask those on PAYG internet are you confined in your data usage or can you use as much as you like. I see mention of 6GB and 100GB but is that the speed. I am interested in it but if usage is limited it wouldn't be of any use. As an example last time we were in Spain my grandchildren managed to use 9GB of data on my mobile phone in 7 days.

Bee
Villasalada Flamenco Show

No u don't you see "" HAKE-AFFORDED HAKE[…]

Tried to order one online but arrived today from a[…]

boiler service

I read a recommendation recently...it seems that t[…]

Sorted now thanks

Pine coloured wooden TV unit w101cm x h60cm. 30 eu[…]

10 pin bowling league team

Is anyone interested in joining a league team on w[…]

10 pin bowling team

Is anyone interested in joining a team wednesday n[…]