Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Cinuelica
#1113901
What does this mean and why?

I thought everyone, me included, wanted to get this forum back to a friendly, informative and accessible platform.

Why are threads, for no seemingly apparent reason being locked or blocked? Simple question, simple answer, I hope
By faolteam
#1113902
Unfortunately Cinuelica Certain Person/s have the Keys of the Forum and can do what they like here, it will never change with people like this, and i can assure you this topic will be probably not be locked but deleted,

Im taking a screen shot of this now like i do with all the Topics that are Deleted...
By freddo
#1113927
If the Topic has been locked it will have been locked by me as a moderator and there will have been a good reason for it ,let me know what it was about please,I spend at least an hour every day removing post that are not suitable to be on this forum
Please let me know by PM only
By freddo
#1113928
faolteam wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:10 am
Unfortunately Cinuelica Certain Person/s have the Keys of the Forum and can do what they like here, it will never change with people like this, and i can assure you this topic will be probably not be locked but deleted,

Im taking a screen shot of this now like i do with all the Topics that are Deleted...

ONLY MODERATORS CAN LOCK OR DELETE A POST APART FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTER AND A CERTAIN PERSON DOES NOT HAVE THE KEYS TO THIS FORUM SO PLEASE STOP STIRRING FAOLTEAM
By Bill Posters
#1113941
My comment about the effects of illegal immigration in Spain, which effects us all, was blocked. Yet, its content caught the interest of just under 600 viewers. Precisely the sort of repartee a lively forum desperately needs to attract new blood and keep the old. Someone bellowed, 'racist' and that was it. How pathetic.

This forum is censorious, it is excessively politically correct and certain subscribers throw a tantrum each time they see a post they are not quite happy with. I doubt Leapy Lee would last 5-minutes either. That is why there's a massive drop in interest.
Last edited by Bill Posters on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kenbowns
#1114016
Quite a few posts seem to have been removed from this discussion?
But they were pointing the finger at the untouchable Jimbo :lol:
By Jimbo1916
#1114034
kenbowns wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 am
But they were pointing the finger at the untouchable Jimbo :lol:
Are you for real Ken. This is just a forum .. Populated by people you`ve never met, and will never meet .. and will never ever want to meet ... :

And judging from my experience over the years on here .. When you meet them .. You wish you hadn`t ... K O K ( King of Kocks ) springs to mind, amongst many other.. :lol: :lol:

This is not real life Ken.. It`s called Social Media ... Real life is what happens outside of your front door ... Not on a computer screen.. :D

Is this before your time Ken .. because I remember it well .. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnUAfiEAP5A
By faolteam
#1114038
kenbowns wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:31 am
Quite a few posts seem to have been removed from this discussion?
But they were pointing the finger at the untouchable Jimbo :lol:
Your Absolutely Correct Ken the Finger is Always Pointing at Bimbo...
Last edited by faolteam on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cinuelica
#1114039
No wonder the forum is in trouble.

When I joined, years ago, it was my first port of call when I was in trouble/needed info/regarding my move to Spain. The help I received from members, who didn't know me, was second to none.

Now all you lot want to do is score points off each other.

Sad and shameful.
By kenbowns
#1114042
freddo wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 pm
That's not true Ken I am not biased towards any poster please remember that
Fred, I do not think you are biased at all, you have been a massive asset to this forum but some posts have gone missing from this thread.
I know this for a fact because at least 2 of them were mine.
Last edited by kenbowns on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kenbowns
#1114043
Cinuelica wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am
No wonder the forum is in trouble.

When I joined, years ago, it was my first port of call when I was in trouble/needed info/regarding my move to Spain. The help I received from members, who didn't know me, was second to none.

Now all you lot want to do is score points off each other.

Sad and shameful.
Cinuelica
I was also one of the original members of this forum way back in 2004, I used to spend hours on this forum, contributing in a small way but also learning a lot at the same time, the humour was brilliant, we had some real characters as members.
As a contributor to this particular thread, I agree with you, it does look like point scoring but in my case it is borne out my frustration towards one particular member who I am sure you will agree hasn't done us all any favours with his type of contribution.
In fairness to him, he does have a point about the inane political babblings of others but from my experience of conversations with other members his spite is the main reason for the demise of a forum that I also used and loved so much.
Apologies to you Cin if my contribution here has offended.
Ken.
Quiet forum?

I have to spend at least 1 hour per day keeping […]

Chemist

Just wondering why you want to buy Nightnurse. Are[…]

Easter Monday shopping

Where on earth do you get all your info? It never[…]

Bathroom bits for sale

Sorry can enter them as it says jpeg too big, but […]

Despite my initial doubts That I would find these,[…]

Wills

Spanish will are all correct just concerned about […]

2 areas of Torrevieja

Thank you

Re:Taxi fare

If its €50 for an airport to Torrevieja run […]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities