Torrevieja Forum

If You Have Something For Sale Upto & Including 100 EUROS you can advertise it here for free.
This Section Is Sponsored By www.helpvegabaja.com
For Items Over 100 EUROS There Is A 5 EURO Charge Which Will Be Paid To A Local Charity. Please PM Gary For Payment Details. All Items Offered For Sale Must Have a Price. Adverts With Make An Offer Are Not Allowed.

Moderator: Moderator

By heilan'lassie
woodhai wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:34 pm
Need a recordable Freeview box suitable for Sattelite connection.

Ian
I didn't think you could connect a Freeview box to a satellite dish, I thought that was why they had Freesat :?
By freddo

This was your ad, also you can not receive Freeview in Spain only the Spanish channels
By heilan'lassie
freddo wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:23 pm

This was your ad, also you can not receive Freeview in Spain only the Spanish channels
:) :) :)
By TVTechnology
Hi Ian,

This is just a terminology misunderstanding - but you do need to make sure you buy the right box, as i've seen people buy the wrong one, more than once or twice.

Freeview = Terrestrial antenna
Freesat = Satellite

Humax, makes Freeview and Freesat.

Freesat is a UK brand only, they are not officially sold or waranteed in Spain. They do work (as long as they get the data epg signal), but general rule of thumb, buy it yourself of ebay or amazon - as anyone selling here, will be doing the same thing and adding their bit on too.

However, if any issues with box, you would need to send back to UK for fix.

You will also need 2 cable feeds into the box, as is twin tuner - so need to make sure port available on LNB or community connection point (if in community).

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
By woodhai
Thanks Paul for your advice, and yes it was just terminology and it was nice to be picked up by the good folk on here. Yes I realise I would need 2 cables down from the dish, there may already be 2, will check when we arrive on Monday. Probably could do with a new LMB,do you sell them?
Avalon Funeral Services

Depends what you are looking for, I have an Avalon[…]

Gas fire and 2 orange (Repsol) gas bottles for sal[…]

Most of the results of today's Spanish elections a[…]

. I will return when the forum is under a more r[…]

It doesn't say. The Harbour Masters Office phone n[…]

Double bed frame 135 x 190cm (Drawers not included[…]

Rememberers service

Thank you you all it’s very nice

Flood barrier

I fell over a low one near the river canal. Made […]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities