Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By cameron
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy special shampoo for psoriasis?
By cyclemad
I don't know if it's specifically for psoriasis but there is a shampoo called Fungarest which is for itchy scalp. It can be prescribed by GP or bought over the counter in Farmacias. No instructions on the bottle but use in place of normal shampoo twice per week. You can use normal shampoo in between if you wash your hair more often than twice per week. Fungarest doesn't lather quite as well but just as effective at getting hair clean.
By chrisz
If you can't get Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo over here there are quite a few sellers on ebay uk who will ship to Spain.
By cameron
Thanks both, I have been buying from the market but it costs 8 euro for a small bottle and I wash my hair every day so I am using a bottle per week.
By soapydave
i endured your problem for many years, tried all sorts of shampoos TGEL ETC, wrights coal tar soap,apparently its the coal tar that gives the relief, but as anything ,even coal tar is in shortage now, even stuff on prescription from doctors, none worked permanently only gave a little relief, this last twelve months started taking bicarbonate of soda small amount dissolved in water, sometimes in a morning or if I forgot in the evening,
Guess what had no problems after about a month starting on the bicarb so I take it daily now, apparently it stabilizes the PH in your body, just get the very occasional scalp itch. bought a big 1kg bag of bicarb from mas y mas, around €2 probarly last all year.
curious let me know if it works for you ,if you try it, also they say you can wash your hair with it ,
By cameron
soapydave wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:22 am
i endured your problem for many years, tried all sorts of shampoos TGEL ETC, wrights coal tar soap,apparently its the coal tar that gives the relief, but as anything ,even coal tar is in shortage now, even stuff on prescription from doctors, none worked permanently only gave a little relief, this last twelve months started taking bicarbonate of soda small amount dissolved in water, sometimes in a morning or if I forgot in the evening,
Guess what had no problems after about a month starting on the bicarb so I take it daily now, apparently it stabilizes the PH in your body, just get the very occasional scalp itch. bought a big 1kg bag of bicarb from mas y mas, around €2 probarly last all year.
curious let me know if it works for you ,if you try it, also they say you can wash your hair with it here, will definitely try your suggestion as I have some in the cupboard.
Sounds good. I did suffer for years but only ever on my scalp then 20 years ago it disappeared. I have now got a small patch which the hairdresser pointed out, I hadn’t even noticed but am trying to stop it before it gets worse. In UK I used a shampoo E47 but can’t find it here. Will
By soapydave
cameron wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 am
Thanks both, I have been buying from the market but it costs 8 euro for a small bottle and I wash my hair every day so I am using a bottle per week.
cut down to 3 times per week , and have a short hair cut , and always wear a hat when out in sun,
By cameron
I do have shortish hair but always thought the sun helps, maybe that is why it has re-appeared, thank you.
By cameron
Aviator wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:04 pm
Have you tried ALPHOSYL which I believe is available from Spanish farmacias. It contains coal tar extracts and the information on the bottle states it is for the treatment of psoriasis. See the following link for more information:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alphosyl-2-i ... Swh41avlFQ
Thank you, I intend trying everything until something works.
By Burrababa
I developed psoriasis a few years ago which was strange as never had it before. No itching just scaly skin on the scalp. Doctor prescribed betacap scalp application and a few weeks later my scalp was clear but unfortunately mild itching remained and gets worse until I use a medicated shampoo.

I used TGel which reduces itching significantly but I need to change to something else every few weeks as otherwise it seemed not to work so well. T Gel contains coal tar and it makes the hair feel coarse if you have long hair so I just use it on top of the head. They recommend that because of the tar, one should keep the head covered in the sun; even though sunlshinehas been recommended for sufferers.

So I interchange with Capasal which is also a tar based shampoo but is not too harsh and can be used everyday as it contains coconut oil.

I also use something with a different approach to dealing with psoriasis. It is a shampoo called Nizoral--It is gentle on the hair and is designed to kill bacteria which causes psoriasis; something I was not aware of. It certainly is best at stopping the itching and can be used fairly often.

I will try the coconut oil and perhaps anything else that is out there!!

Maybe there are different causes for the itching and I just have to find the right solution.
By cameron
I am fortunate as I only have one small patch but want to stop it from getting any worse.

I voted as I do in every vote that I am entitled t[…]

24th jan out 6th March return

Is Brexit a done deal?

The whole Brexit process is like the a political t[…]

Makes Ryanair saints

Got back from a break in iceland last week and no[…]

It would be great if they had the furniture as wel[…]

wanted three wheel bike

I have seen them in the Auction at Heradadas quite[…]

El Patio Bar and Restaurant at Calle Ulpiano 16 To[…]

RYANAIR

We flew back last Wednesday we could not hand our […]