Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Burrababa
That is an odd strategy Mr Jones ?--no they are hoping to bring down Mrs May's Government so that a puppet like JC or Diane Abbott :lol: would be Prime Minister--so that they can use her mathematical skills to negotiate a good deal for the UK

Now that would be funny ------if it weren't for the likes of you Jonesy and that fella who keeps banging on about the exchange rate - :wink: --really believe that this is a working formula :roll:

Talk about Brexit bounce----is this what Remainers were hoping for when they were voting ? :D :D real intellectuals eh --no knuckle draggers there :D
By TVTechnology
Surely all voting leave knew the risk. If not they voted in the blind. Surely sensible people wouldn't do that, would they?
I think often people hear or see what suits them best. We discount logical argument if we have our own agenda, watch news channels (or newspapers) which spell it out like we prefer to hear it. I know full well that a % of people voted on 'too many brown faces locally' & stories of the NHS which were not exactly true/accurate. So the question is how many of these type of people voted, based on inaccuracies & fearful type reporting. This tactic politicians seem to love, scare the sh**t out of the public, tell them a pack of lies to get policy the incumbent party wants and then we watch the mess unfold later.

Obama bought up an interesting point regarding social media & it's ability to inhibit us from the right type of information. Someone, I know continually re-shared 'right wing' aggressive (get them out of our country) type facebook posts, they kept popping up in my feed. I checked these stories and found most of them to be factually untrue. I mentioned this to my associate sharing (I don't agree with his views) & he said he never checked the news source, just re-shared and assumed the stories were true. He only got those type of news feeds as was associated with those type of groups - so the only news they saw, was that of generally a right-wing opinion - very much a case of one-sided news.

Social media is shaping the news we watch to our specific opinions and not providing information on both sides of the equation - so people go down a path and they stay there, with these type of negative misinformation (Russia or otherwise), convincing people the EU is Germany circa WW2, the NHS will be fine when we lock down the borders and free of the EU we can negotiate a better deal, than being in a group of 28.

Not realistic. But then, people aren't are they :?:

Personally, it does look like NOW the EU is having to tackle the border/immigration issues in many other member countries, so I think if the UK had stayed in, this is something that could have been resolved from working within the EU, as I do think changes will need to be made. The EU really should have seen this coming and moved a little sooner to stop this - but ultimately its all on David Cameron for allowing the general public to vote on something they didn't understand fully & not helped by a lot of scaremongering and inaccurate news to influence the voters.
By Burrababa
but ultimately its all on David Cameron for allowing the general public to vote on something they didn't understand fully

:roll: :roll: :roll:

How many people engage in political discourse here or in their private lives?

How many people are reasonably informed about who their MP's are ?

How many people know what the various parties are putting forward as policies

How many people read all the Party manifestos and understand them?

On this basis --should we cancel all future General elections :D

Wake up at the back----it is called Democracy---everybody can engage as much or as little as they choose to --everybody gets a vote----fat people can vote just as well as skinny people---clever people have the same vote as stupid people -- Would you want it any other way --:wink:
By Mr Jones
Good post tv man

Brabba, Why is the Tories keeping all the cash in the bank, supporting low pay and crap working conditions better for my relations in the Uk than labours fair pay and investment in public services etc etc?

What do poor people ever gain from the conservatives? Simple answer nothing. You only have to look at the trailer parks in America and the denial of medical care to see how the Uk will end up.
By TVTechnology
clever people have the same vote as stupid people -- Would you want it any other way --:wink:

Yes, of course, I would :D I'd also try to stop stupid people having lots of stupid babies they can't afford to feed or educate properly too. The reason why the world is a mess is we do allow this - I mean come on Donald Trump, people voted in a reality TV star, so they could watch him every day - the fact he is an utter scumbag whose behaviour is contrary to the beliefs of many, seems to be an irrelevance - lead by example! wow, that is an example, an example how far backwards we are going. Civilised society? Less and less so. America land of the free? About time that anthem was changed, it could not be further from the truth. Free to get shot when you go to school :evil:

No, the world is getting worse, people angrier as the politicians & papers shape the news into what keeps them in power or jobs - not the same as this is 'for the greater good'.

At the crux of it all, the existing political systems and this two-horse party type politics, simply does not work, playing people off against each other, rather than what we need to do, bring people together. Only hate and anger is on today's agenda. We do need a change but will take a cataclysmic type event.
Last edited by TVTechnology on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Burrababa
TVT--according to you we are DOOMED--you sound just like that Jock in Dad's Army--Doomed Doomed :D

Somebody else thought like you and tried a bit of genetic modification 50 odd years ago and we know where that got us

Think about it---if your world ever came to pass---you may find that you did not qualify to ever enjoy it :D
By TVTechnology
TVT--according to you we are DOOMED--you sound just like that Jock in Dad's Army--Doomed Doomed :D
We are, just a case of when. Probably not in our lifetimes, but i've seen enough that I wish to see & humanity or much of it sucks

People that help others are rarely rewarded, but people who base their being on greed and selfishness seem to have a greater degree of success and respect. That is what we have created or allowed to be created.

Personally, i'd start with a revolution and pulling apart all existing political party politics. :wink: Or probably better, just turn the news and the TV off & play dumb.
By Burrababa
TVTechnology wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 am
Personally, i'd start with a revolution and pulling apart all existing political party politics. :wink: Or probably better, just turn the news and the TV off & play dumb.
Start by not being gullible and believing everything you read in the main stream media

Have an inquisitive and open mind

The truth does not change--it will always be the truth --even if you can't see it :wink:
By Jimbo1916
Mr Jones wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am

Brabba, Why is the Tories keeping all the cash in the bank, supporting low pay and crap working conditions better for my relations in the Uk than labours fair pay and investment in public services etc etc?

What do poor people ever gain from the conservatives? Simple answer nothing. You only have to look at the trailer parks in America and the denial of medical care to see how the Uk will end up.
What`s with the same old, same old lefty mrs nelson drivel. We`ve heard this sh*te a million times before ... What`s all this got to do with Brexit. :lol:

You haven`t got a clue have you. You need to make up your mind whether you`re going have a pop at the Tories or Brexit .. because you`re confusing the two issues.

But hey .. no surprise there . :lol: :lol:
By harry
surely this has virtually guaranteed a Hard Brexit?

Parliment won't pass it, the Eu will do everything, as usual, to damage us for daring to leave their Mafia club so they won't back it - WTO deal bang on I reckon!
By Mr Jones
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 am
Mr Jones wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am

What`s with the same old, same old lefty mrs nelson drivel. We`ve heard this sh*te a million times before ... What`s all this got to do with Brexit. :lol:

You haven`t got a clue have you. You need to make up your mind whether you`re going have a pop at the Tories or Brexit .. because you`re confusing the two issues.

But hey .. no surprise there . :lol: :lol:

My same old same old is in response to the same old same old boring sad jokes that brabba constantly makes about labours leadership. I don’t need permission from you to say anything on here mr Mitty.
By rspltd
The current plan will be considered (for about five minutes) by the Eu's functionarios and then rejected - as has every other suggestion that has been made. The trio of Juncker, Tusk and Verstadt (spelling?) have no intention of stopping the gravy train and every intention of firstly making the EU pay for their effrontery for challenging the principles of the EU and secondly in an attempt to discourage other countries from going the same way.

It will probably have the adverse effect to that which they wish - ie the UK will leave the EU as there is a groundswell here that if they treat a former member who has donated nearly half a trillion Euros to their vanity schemes in this way, then it is not surprising that they would wish to leave. The press, who are subject to plummeting cirulation ,are doing their best with lurid headlines to keep the numbers up but most of which is printed is biased at the least and inaccurate at the best. The articles are seeded throughout with 'a spokesman' , 'someone connected with' an 'EU source' most of whom I suggest don't exist. On a TV interview the other day Laura KInsberg said that she had a copy of Boris Johnson's letter in her pocket (at this stage Downing Street had not received it) but when she was challenged failed to produce it. Press reports are seeded throughout with emotive words such as 'crash out', even the word brexit is inaccurate. Cracks are appearing throughout Europe - the Spanish are unhappy about the amount of immigration they are now receiving, the Italians are unhappy that because they (up to now) have been the receiving country they must bear the burden whereas they beleive it should be shared around Europe. Mrs Merkel is clinging onto power by her fingertips. and Macron is under pressure from his car industry to start meaningful negotiations. It has even been suggested that because a building belonging to an EU institution is based in London, it will have to be moved and the UK will have to pay the costs. Finally the recent judgement by the EU Court of Justice in straying into areas where I would suggest they have no jurisdiction, could be the fat end of the wedge. Maybe the leaders of the EU will finally realise that they are not being best served by those who currently have not been negotiating and take over the process to the benefit of all.
By Mr Jones
It’s a shame that 99 percent of us didn’t really understand what we were voting for.

That’s a good post though.

Imagine voting blindly for a night out, you think you are going to Nando’s but end up at Zizzis, that’s Brexit.
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 pm
It’s a shame that 99 percent of us didn’t really understand what we were voting for.

That’s a good post though.

Imagine voting blindly for a night out, you think you are going to Nando’s but end up at Zizzis, that’s Brexit.
Do you think you will get the Brexit that you feared or will it be a Brexit that you can live with :wink: :wink:
Visiting the housebound

I have just been speaking to a lady who is visitin[…]

Importing our motorhome

Does anyone know if the Amanda mentioned in the […]

Whole Frozen Duck

Have seen whole frozen duck in Lidl.

PMs

Click on your name top right, drop down ''control […]

Tablet to Tv

Alf (and others who post similar questions on here[…]

Iberdrola

00 34 916 496 330 It’s the number I use to […]