Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Alant1
Just looking for opinions.
I have a 2 bedroom apartment close to the park of nations in very good order.
Rentals are poor from my letting manager. Only 6 weeks bookings for the whole year so far and that includes August.
Do any of you rent your property out and how are you finding the market at the moment?
By TVTechnology
Not 100% relevant, though may be of use.

When researching the rental market - I went to www.booking.com here you can advertise your property for rent & is very popular.

What I found useful is you can ascertain prices and even look at booking schedules online, so you can see at what price, how busy etc - so this will give you a more accurate idea on what you should be charging, as well as (importantly) how busy other similar properties are rentals wise. If it becomes apparent that on the booking site apartments in your location are much busier than your current bookings, then you either need to consider the use of a website similar to this - or a rental agent with more clients!

For anyone looking to buy a property for rental investment only - looking at something like www.booking.com should give you an idea in advance of how long and for how much you can rent your property - before you go and buy something on the promise of an estate agent. :wink: IE a genuine possibility of a reasonable calculation based on rental yield income of similar properties, in the same location.
By rightsaidfred
TVTechnology wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:00 am
Not 100% relevant, though may be of use.

When researching the rental market - I went to www.booking.com here you can advertise your property for rent & is very popular.

What I found useful is you can ascertain prices and even look at booking schedules online, so you can see at what price, how busy etc - so this will give you a more accurate idea on what you should be charging, as well as (importantly) how busy other similar properties are rentals wise. If it becomes apparent that on the booking site apartments in your location are much busier than your current bookings, then you either need to consider the use of a website similar to this - or a rental agent with more clients!

For anyone looking to buy a property for rental investment only - looking at something like www.booking.com should give you an idea in advance of how long and for how much you can rent your property - before you go and buy something on the promise of an estate agent. :wink: IE a genuine possibility of a reasonable calculation based on rental yield income of similar properties, in the same location.
Just a note, if you put the apt on Bookin.Com ,Home away etc, the property will have to be registered with the Alicante Tourist Board and a licence no. The first thing when you register is they ask for your license no otherwise you can’t proceed
By Newmaney
I have a couple of neighbours (Playa Flamenca) who rent out their villas- one with pool sleeping 6 and another sleeping 9 without a pool. Both of these have got no where near the amount of bookings as they have in previous years. Easter and UK school holidays have seen zero bookings. The villa with a pool is booked throughout July and August with the other only booked for July.

Not sure what is to blame for the drop off. The British media seem to indicate that tourists are returning to Tunisia and Turkey which seem to be recovering from the terrorist attacks. I suppose if you look at the price of half board or full board holidays to the resorts in these countries, then going self catering and arranging your own flights and eating out in Spain is more expensive.

Airbnb listings have already been banned in certain areas of regions in Spain, including one outside of Alicante.

As rightsaidfred said to post properties on certain websites already require licence registration information from the Alicante Tourist Board. This is only going to be expanded to other websites shortly to comply with Spanish regulations. This will also lead to the Spanish taxman going after those not declaring the earnings from holiday lettings.

Not sure if this is accurate but something I have picked up in the local media. A rentees obligation once the licence is issued from any Tourist Board in Spain is that there is a legal obligation to send guest ID data to the police within 24 hours of the guest arriving to the holiday property. In addition, you are required to get each guest to sign a "parte de viajero" or guest check-in registration form, which you need to keep in a book or file for each property for the next 3 years. I believe the guest data is either a copy of the passport or ID.
By rightsaidfred
Newmaney wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm
I have a couple of neighbours (Playa Flamenca) who rent out their villas- one with pool sleeping 6 and another sleeping 9 without a pool. Both of these have got no where near the amount of bookings as they have in previous years. Easter and UK school holidays have seen zero bookings. The villa with a pool is booked throughout July and August with the other only booked for July.

Not sure what is to blame for the drop off. The British media seem to indicate that tourists are returning to Tunisia and Turkey which seem to be recovering from the terrorist attacks. I suppose if you look at the price of half board or full board holidays to the resorts in these countries, then going self catering and arranging your own flights and eating out in Spain is more expensive.

Airbnb listings have already been banned in certain areas of regions in Spain, including one outside of Alicante.

As rightsaidfred said to post properties on certain websites already require licence registration information from the Alicante Tourist Board. This is only going to be expanded to other websites shortly to comply with Spanish regulations. This will also lead to the Spanish taxman going after those not declaring the earnings from holiday lettings.

Not sure if this is accurate but something I have picked up in the local media. A rentees obligation once the licence is issued from any Tourist Board in Spain is that there is a legal obligation to send guest ID data to the police within 24 hours of the guest arriving to the holiday property. In addition, you are required to get each guest to sign a "parte de viajero" or guest check-in registration form, which you need to keep in a book or file for each property for the next 3 years. I believe the guest data is either a copy of the passport or ID.
Yes you are right, you now have to go to GuardiaCivil and register property, they then give you a password and you can book your guests in online ,direct to the Guardia Civil within 24 hrs of arrival. I can see people being put off doing this, but it is quite a simple process 👀
By freddo
The obvious answer is they are charging too much for the rental I have been looking at some of the rental properties that are free in busy holiday periods and the price charged is far too high ,Pure greed is causing the fall off of bookings IMOP
By Kinchy
Freddo, I think you have hit the nail on the head, and with Tunisia and Turkey regaining strength with tourists, then owners renting should look at the prices they want to achieve.
Asking 400 per say but getting nothing ,surely, would be bettered by asking 250- 300 and getting more bookings? With so much property on offer for rental, owners and especially their agents, who of course take a percentage commission on each booking, should look closely at what the competition in other countries are doing, do you not think?
By Newmaney
Kinchy wrote:Freddo, I think you have hit the nail on the head, and with Tunisia and Turkey regaining strength with tourists, then owners renting should look at the prices they want to achieve.
Asking 400 per say but getting nothing ,surely, would be bettered by asking 250- 300 and getting more bookings? With so much property on offer for rental, owners and especially their agents, who of course take a percentage commission on each booking, should look closely at what the competition in other countries are doing, do you not think?
I think you will find trying to stay within the law means that rental prices will not come down in this area of Spain.
By Newmaney
freddo wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:37 pm
The obvious answer is they are charging too much for the rental I have been looking at some of the rental properties that are free in busy holiday periods and the price charged is far too high ,Pure greed is causing the fall off of bookings IMOP
It's not greed, well certainly the properties I know of where the price has not increased for at least the last 3 years. In fairness to the owners I know they have changed pool and villa cleaners to maintain their rental prices. People just don't want to come to the area.
By TVTechnology
And do you have to pay tax on the rental income.
Yes you do - I can't remember, though I think 20 or 25% a friend rents his officially.
It's not greed, well certainly the properties I know of where the price has not increased for at least the last 3 years. In fairness to the owners I know they have changed pool and villa cleaners to maintain their rental prices. People just don't want to come to the area.
I also think part of the issue is the number of properties which are being let in these locations as well as many more 1000's being built continually, which people then buy and try to let in these areas - perhaps part of the problem is dilution by competition?
Poster

Any recommendations please for someone to do an A[…]

Our house is in the Benimar area of Royales and we[…]

Speaking Spanish

I need help with speaking Spanish. I am from Torre[…]

A big thank you to all of you who replied. I adver[…]

locksmiths

Anywhere in Torre I can get a spare car key cut an[…]

Menu

Brochure circulated by a 5-Star Chinese Hotel - Be[…]

Windows 10 Update Problem

you need a copy of windows 10 on a usb stick and[…]