Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Hi all.

I'm in Torrevieja for a week, 6th - 11th May, and would very much love to meet chess players (of any level) to play with.

Also, I'd be grateful if anyone can let me know if there is a chess club in the Torrevieja area.

Thank you.
Hi,
There's a chess club which meets at Reflections, San Luis at 1pm Fridays but it seems you won't be here on Friday. Next time you can book different days!!! It's mostly N.Europeans who turn up here. There's another one in town which I believe is more Spanish and pretty strong. I've not been there but it's called Capablanca and it's in Av. Diego Ramirez Pastor. There's also one in Costa Orihuela. I have no details of this but will try and find out on Friday and post another answer at the weekend. Regards, Pete Waller :D
Thank you Pete for your response. Really helpful.

Incidentally, I'll be in Torrevieja up until Friday 11th May. I return back to London on Saturday 12th May. So, hopefully I'll get to play a game at San Luis - if I can find the place. I'm not familiar with the area.

If you are interested and available for a game too, and you are in the Torevieja area, I'm happy to have a game, or two, with you too.

Cheers
Ifeanyi
Windrush

The only person who should resign is mrs May, H[…]

My grandson used to eat insect snacks bought from […]

Pinocchio's

I don't think so.

RUSS ABBOTT

Jimbo's pic depicts her modus operandi.....hasn&rs[…]

RIP Dale Winton

Mr jones is maybe talking about this story in the […]

DAEWOO 20” LCD FLATSCREEN TV