Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Beardyboy
Hola everyone and greetings from cold,damp Northern Ireland.
I was told by my daughter’s friend that there is a wonderful service available free of charge from the Library here in the U.K. Google Libby overdrive and you will see that anyone in the U.K. is entitled to read books and magazines on their Kindle free of charge. You can also avail of Audio books too. I am aware that many of you no longer have a home in the U.K.but hopefully a friend or a member of your family could join and give you their membership number and pin.
My husband and I joined yesterday..showed our drivers licences to prove our address and were issued our membership cards immediately. I was able to read the sort of magazines I love but hate to pay £4.50 for free! Brilliant. Every author my husband likes was available ..all the latest books too! This is a marvellous service and I hope many of you will be able to avail of it.
Let me know what you think please.
By heilan'lassie
That sounds like a brilliant idea - however, it seems like my local library is not supported.
By ANGELA 609
Hi we have that service from the library s here in Southern Ireland for a long time it s called Borrow box but it does not work on Kindle only on the all the other phone s pad s i will be interested to see if your one works on Kindle . Angela
By Beardyboy
I have checkedand you can only download books onto your kindle if you use the library’s Overdrive...Libby is at present only suitable for iPads etc., so, you are correct Angela. Nothing to prevent you using Overdrive...it seems quite straightforward.
Location help please

https://www.google.es/search?q=restaurant%20and%20[…]

Can we blame BREXIT

Sadiq Khan has made such a mess of running London […]

Torretas

But it's the local lass or laddie and their local […]

Ibiza

When I was there we stayed in a place called Figue[…]

Lloret de Mar

Good old lloret! Long time no see

Padron update

Many thanks for above.