Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 am
Stop moaning. It`s not as if it`s going to be every Sunday is it.

No doubt the shop workers are looking forward to a few Sundays off.

Just make sure that you know which Sundays that it`s open then go and spend to your hearts content. Simple. :D
Doesn’t help when you arrive on a Sunday and no shops open anywhere in the area.
cameron wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 am
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 am
Stop moaning. It`s not as if it`s going to be every Sunday is it.

No doubt the shop workers are looking forward to a few Sundays off.

Just make sure that you know which Sundays that it`s open then go and spend to your hearts content. Simple. :D
Doesn’t help when you arrive on a Sunday and no shops open anywhere in the area.
Not all shops are shut....only the Habaneras & Zenia Boulevard shopping centres...and not EVERY Sunday. :roll:

People managed before they were built.
Lidl are open until 3.00pm and Aldi (on Las Cortes Valenciana) is open until 9.00pm and as mentioned previously Carrefour Express is also open until 3.00pm. The Dialprixs usually ope until 3.00pm also As far as I am aware Mercadona doesn't open on Sundays. We still have lots of choice for groceries on Sundays . I. suppose the Leroy Merlins etc are closed. That is a bit of a drawback for do-it-yourselfers.

Bee
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 am
cameron wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 pm
I have just received a message from a neighbour due to arrive on 4th March asking if I can get him some essentials. Ridiculous in a tourist area, if they want more family time try closing before 8pm so workers get home at a decent time.
My local Aldi`s open, so it`s not the end of the world. :roll:
Local to where? There is no Aldi near where I live.
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:41 pm
But a freezer or arrange it with a Neighbour.

It’s not rocket science.
I swear some people don’t read posts. It is not for me, I have a freezer, some things don’t freeze. The problem is with or without a freezer I would still have to be here to hand the shopping to the person who has asked me to get it. I will always try and help anybody but when people were last on holiday here it was not a problem as they stopped at our local small supermarket which is now closed on Sundays.
Well buy the `few essentials on Saturday then. Bread, milk and butter won`t go off in day, especially when it`s kept in YOUR fridge. Then give it them on Sunday.

Hopefully though Zenia Boulevard will be open this Sunday so you can traipse all the way up to El Campo for your bread and milk.

Or better still tell people where you live and someone may know if there`s a local supermarket that will open this Sunday for the `few essentials `

https://zeniaboulevard.es/horario
are folks totally unable to think ! :roll: just need to think and plan ahead,which I think some folk just switch into holiday mode at the mention of going to the airport,and all common sense is lost,
bring your bread with you,
buy your milk when you,ve come thru security clearance at the airport,
Boots sell 1pints milk in there meal deals,or buy one or two to bring theres enough for a brew till shops open next day. :roll:
or you can always eat and drink out if you can afford it,
Despicable

Despicable indeed. Just waiting for mrs jone`s […]

Leslie Grantham Dies

I can’t see where I said anyone should die[…]

Sick men of Europe

I wish I had a euro for all the times you said you[…]

We have been residents in Torrevieja for more than[…]

KARIM

If that's the same karim I was waiting for don t b[…]

Here, after 6pm we have TWO cars and FOUR […]

Holes in t-shirt !!!