Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Ketron
Ianhaig25 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 pm
Ketron wrote:No Irony at all , Ian.
I rarely scroll back to previous pages , and didn't see Beardyboy's first comment !
You misunderstood Ketron.

No, not you, the irony is in the post by beardyboy.

It's all in his one and only post.

I quoted his 1st sentence and then his 2nd.

Total contradiction in just 2 sentences.
My apologies Ian - i thought you were referring to me . :D
By Beardyboy
Industry has gone and the U.K has changed, we are now a service provider. Cast your minds back to seeing thousands of men going off to work in the coal mines....thank God the days have gone. Young men were regularly killed and their lungs were clogged up with coal dust. Not a job any of us would want for our sons. Education was introduced and now our young people are working in offices and earning decent money. The thing is...Change happens and we have to leave to accept change. Brexit is a new change and has created so many doom and gloomers. Let us all think positively. Our negotiators will work out the best deals for us and by next year, it will be over and out! Spain will never turn it’s back on us as they are thankful to be making money from us. Just think, 15 years ago there was little or nothing in Quesada and many other barren areas and now, the areas are populated, serviced and alive. All of this equates to money for Spain and happiness for us! Living the dream...keep remembering that.
I am home in Northern Ireland until Easter, lovely today but nothing like it is in Torrevieja. A few crocus and daffodils appearing but when we got home last week,some of our beautiful plants had guys are looking out at geraniums and other beautiful plants..enjoy them, have a little cafe con leche and relax in the sun. Cheers!
By Burrababa
pete evans wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:53 pm
That could well be true but UK will still be part of the EU, at least for years to come. The Ireland situation has to be sorted first.
Are you suggesting that we are tied to the EU and have to accept whatever terms they choose to impose on us------just because the Ireland border cannot be a hard one or indeed if it cannot be resolved by technological or any other means?
By Mrs Nelson
With investment the British mining industry could have been made safer and probably more economical, what are we going to do when the Tory donor Putin turns the gas off ?
By Ketron
Pity nobody told Harold Wilson that , back in the 1960's / 1970,s , Mrs N.

As you already know - he closed far more Mines , than Margaret Thatcher did .
Damn Labour .. I thought they were the Party of the Working Man ? :lol:
By Burrababa
pete evans wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 am
You need to look at the bigger picture.
That is the bigger picture--if the UK allows itself to be restricted by the NI border--then we will be blackmailed by the EU forever------

unless of course------you can enlighten us about the bigger picture ?? :?:
By Mrs Nelson
Considering ketron wants to shoot union leaders and bomb refugees and orphans or anyone with a beard or tan, he’s a bit cheeky complaining about anyone.

Just accept the truth dunc, thanks to the tories, the three million jobless who we payed to stay at home, we are now paying them to jump through hoops for the low pay employers you love.

Your party didn’t create jobs, they redefined long standing definitions of work related terms in their favour.
By Burrababa
1995: Tony Blair definitively pledges an end to zero hours contracts
In the second ever speech to the Labour Party conference as leader, Tony Blair pledges that "part-time employees will no longer be treated as second-class citizens. There will be an end to zero-hours contracts ."
Which obviously never happened.
Transferwise Borderless Account

So what? Strange reviewing a crime.

Ryanair have Dublin/Murcia through 2019. But whic[…]

Yes Indeed

Easter parades Torrevieja

Hi all, we will be in Torrevieja for Easter Sunday[…]

World Cup boycott

I bet mrs May bought the poison on the dark web, w[…]

Britain is Booming post Brexit

Thank goodness Nellie doesn`t work for the Samar[…]

Artificial grass