Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By soapydave
I wonder why the owner does,nt let the chef run it?
or put a manager in,it would keep it ticking over and provide employment and pay the overhead's,
By scottydog
soapydave wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 am
I wonder why the owner does,nt let the chef run it?
or put a manager in,it would keep it ticking over and provide employment and pay the overhead's,
I believe the owner is the chef, but surely it would make sense to get a chef, its only open 25 hours a week
By orangepicker
If you really think a bar owner works 25 hours a week because thats all its open to the public you really have no idea of the real world. The average owner will put in 60 hrs a week 48 weeks a year no matter how large a staff or how good they are. If they don't they soon go to the wall
By Jimbo1916
orangepicker wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 pm
If you really think a bar owner works 25 hours a week because thats all its open to the public you really have no idea of the real world. The average owner will put in 60 hrs a week 48 weeks a year no matter how large a staff or how good they are. If they don't they soon go to the wall
Well said and very true. :D
By strolling_minstrel
orangepicker wrote:
But if it's only available to the public for 25 hours a week then it can't be bringing in enough to pay the overheads, surely?
Unless supermarkets and other restaurants should only open 4 hours a day.
Yes, I realise bar and restaurant owners work long hours if they want to survive, especially here where the expats are constantly looking for the cheapest meal/pint they can get.
But how do restaurants that open for breakfast and carry on to nearly midnight manage? If they have to work 60 hours a week to manage opening for 25 hours, then 9 to midnight 6 days a week would mean them having to work for 214 hours a week to provide that service (no, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way as that would mean working 30 hour days, I know publicans are a breed unto themselves but not that much).
By orangepicker
You really do not have a clue do you?
Valentines Day Bar will open at 8 am and close at 12.30 /1am thats a 15 hour day not every day I grant you but gives you an idea Yes I will open it and close it down with good staff around me to help out throughout the day but mine and my wife's responsibility to provide a service .
By scottydog
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 pm
orangepicker wrote:
Well said and very true. :D
The yellow rose is not your typical spanish bar / restaurant.
It closed easter most of august and 2/3 months over xmas.
I am not having a go at him, he had a first class restaurant that was physically open 1800-2300 tues to sat.

I am heartbroken if this closes, rib eye sitting on a bed of onions and peppers with real chips aaaahhh
By Burrababa
Has anybody tried ringing the place --maybe there is a recorded message with the relevant info--

Have to say I have never been here so can't make a judgement on the food

Does anyone know if Lorraine has opened up another restaurant after closing her Thai restaurant The Papaya Tree in Flamenca Commercial Centre??
By cameron
We stopped going because it was impossible to reserve a table, they just would not answer the phone. When I called in the person was quite rude saying how would I like it if my food was going cold while he answered the phone. I pointed out that other restaurants managed it and that I had done a 30km round trip just so I could book a table for my grandson. Yes the food was good but so is the food in lots of other restaurants.
By soapydave
cameron wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:24 am
We stopped going because it was impossible to reserve a table, they just would not answer the phone. When I called in the person was quite rude saying how would I like it if my food was going cold while he answered the phone. I pointed out that other restaurants managed it and that I had done a 30km round trip just so I could book a table for my grandson. Yes the food was good but so is the food in lots of other restaurants.
that was my findings as well..................
found places just as good or better now,
but it seems a shame that such a good money maker for someone is,nt operating at full opening hours, if they opened dinner and teatime,suppertime,prehaps there would,nt be such a problem booking a table,
just imagine what it could earn ,being open to it full potential !
was Walnut,who posts on here not a chef there perhaps he knows something? :)
ITV ?

I missed the call over the tannoy but the inspecto[…]

Brexit

So it's bye from Mrs Nelson and it's bye from m[…]

Oh dear Chas,thats not good ,glad that your ok and[…]

Fishermans Friend

Some of you may know this but I did not ,when goin[…]

O.M.I.T.A.

Oficina Municipal de Informacion Tramitacion Admin[…]

Sky box

I’m here in Spain and plugged in with one ca[…]

So nothing changes, surprise, surprise. I just rea[…]