Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By nmathie
I have Sky in England with multi room, full package, could I bring a box over to Spain with the card and watch all channels I have on my package. (football, movies etc..)
We currently only have the free channels in Spain accessed via a large satellite dish.
Will I have to tune the sky box in , or is it just a matter of unplug the free to air box and plug in the sky box (to the satellite dish)
Thank you
By satandpcguy
Yes, all you have to do it disconnect your current box,and connect up your sky box.
No "retuning" is required.

A Sky box will work fine even with one cable.
The second cable is only required of you want to watch one channel and record another channel at the same time on a Sky+HD box.
With just the one cable you will not be able to watch one channel and record another at the same time... only one thing at a time with one cable.
If you do have a Sky+HD box, and only one cable, then you may have to pop the box into single feed mode to tell it to us only 1 input only...otherwise you may get "no signal" messages when the box tried to use the unconnected input 2.
By nmathie
Many thanks for the replies , will have a go with the box when we come over on Saturday
By nmathie
I’m here in Spain and plugged in with one cable , only problem is when turn tv off , when I turn back on it says no signal , have to turn power off at the sky box and then on and box has to initialise again , any advice or is this just something I’ll have to put up with
By satandpcguy
If you do have a Sky+HD box, and only one cable, then you may have to pop the box into single feed mode to tell it to us only 1 input only...otherwise you may get "no signal" messages when the box tried to use the unconnected input 2.
Services, 0, 0, 1 select, and the option is towards the bottom of the screen. Turn it on, save, the box reboots, and so only input 1 is used, and the box no longer gives a no signal message when trying to use the unconnected input 2
Windows 10 Update Problem

you need a copy of windows 10 on a usb stick and[…]

OMG. There are already guests booked in for the[…]

Is Brexit worth 20 billion?

Most of the costs are down to the pound devaluing […]

Ryanair cut free check in again

So see what happens, loads wont. I dont see a prob[…]

We went to This place for our Birthday meal and it[…]

I have been using CBD oil for approximately four w[…]

So nice

Kevin and Luis are definately not the same perso[…]

Many thanks It was for a friend but i think it wil[…]