Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
I was under the impression that there was enough evidence to charge him for other offences but that the CPS assumed that he would serve a long sentence and that it wouldn't make any difference making more victims go through the trauma of appearing in court.

Am I wrong in that analysis.
By old boy
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 pm
I was under the impression that there was enough evidence to charge him for other offences but that the CPS assumed that he would serve a long sentence and that it wouldn't make any difference making more victims go through the trauma of appearing in court.

Am I wrong in that analysis.

My impression is that the police did not investigate the claims made by the women in sufficient detail, and in some cases, The Metropolitan Police didn't even believe the claims. Two claimants have actually won damages against the Met for failing to investigate their claims, but I read that the Yard are now appealing against those findings.

In fact, the CPS rejected around 70 cases in and around 2008/9 because of a lack of evidence. Far be it for me to suggest the police failed to properly investigate the claims, but you are free to reach your own conclusions. I would add that Judge Green, in his findings in favour of the two female claimants against the Met, commented that the Met had failed, in general, to properly investigate most cases of rape and sexual assault of females.

I couldn't possibly comment!
By cameron
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:21 pm
old boy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I would hope that the probation regime that has been set in this case will mean that any infringement means that he will be returned to prison immediately. This happens in other serious cases, such as the probation conditions for Venables, the Bulger child murderer. He is back in prison yet again because a) he broke his conditions again, and b)he also faces charges for storing illegal photos of children.
I believe any criminal on parole would be returned to prison if they as much as got a speeding fine, so I'm sure it will be just the same for this scum.
old boy wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I would sincerely hope that this time the courts wake up and invoke a life sentence with no further parole possibilities. He has proven, beyond any doubt, that he will always pose a danger to the public, and therefore needs to permanently lose his liberty. Unfortunately, that will cost the taxpayers.
I assume from this that you are referring to IF he re-offends?
Not true that they would be returned to prison even with a speeding fine. I was stabbed and robbed by someone who was on weekend release from prison prior to his parole where he was serving time for robbing a post office and beating the postmaster with a plank of wood with nails in. After being released 2 months later ( despite attacking me ) he and another kidnapped a local lad who was security at Boots and therefore regarded as the enemy. They tied him up, beat him, burnt him with cigarettes and made him drink their urine. He was returned to prison for 2 weeks then released as the probation service thought his crimes weren't serious enough to warrant keeping him in.
cameron wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm
Not true that they would be returned to prison even with a speeding fine. I was stabbed and robbed by someone who was on weekend release from prison prior to his parole where he was serving time for robbing a post office and beating the postmaster with a plank of wood with nails in. After being released 2 months later ( despite attacking me ) he and another kidnapped a local lad who was security at Boots and therefore regarded as the enemy. They tied him up, beat him, burnt him with cigarettes and made him drink their urine. He was returned to prison for 2 weeks then released as the probation service thought his crimes weren't serious enough to warrant keeping him in.
I was being flippant with the reference to a speeding file but that is horrendous. I've tried Googling it but couldn't find anything. What's this bloke's name and where did this happen? Everyone (based in the UK) should write to their MP about that because something is seriously wrong there. Whilst I do believe in the rule of law and proper process, I do think that the UK is far too lenient towards criminals and this is a classic case that should be publicised to 'move the pendulum' back in favour of law-abiding citizens and victims.
By jimny1
Theres not much i admire about the USA , but i do like their death row system
They should bring it to the UK , but i know that will never happen
Its easier to incarcerate murderers and rapists etc, cloth, feed them, let them watch tv and all the other luxuries even some old age pensioners and people on the streets cant afford and cost the tax payers £30,000 a year per criminal
Imagine how far that cost could go towards helping the NHS
Dream on
By cameron
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:56 pm
cameron wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm
I was being flippant with the reference to a speeding file but that is horrendous. I've tried Googling it but couldn't find anything. What's this bloke's name and where did this happen? Everyone (based in the UK) should write to their MP about that because something is seriously wrong there. Whilst I do believe in the rule of law and proper process, I do think that the UK is far too lenient towards criminals and this is a classic case that should be publicised to 'move the pendulum' back in favour of law-abiding citizens and victims.
Far too late now as it was 20 years ago, I was just grateful my husband and son didn’t get to him before he was arrested and it wasn’t for the lack of trying. He is still around in the Redditch area along with his twin brother.
ryanair cabin bags

as they say in the West Country "you pays yo[…]

Tobacco Shops

If you do a search for Estancos en Torrevieja you […]

Nautical Rope for Sale

This rope sells at 2.20 euros per metre new in the[…]

ryanair online

No problem with this link https://www.ryanair.com[…]

Sofas

The best place to head to is Avenida Las Cortes Va[…]

Charlie

There at the rincon?