Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By old boy
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 pm
The problem with these schemes paul is that it makes money for a private firm, not the nhs.

The schemes may be run by private companies, but the bulk of the profits actually go to the individual hospitals/trusts and the money is used to provide further services within the hospitals.

As to TV Paul's comments about visitors to long term patients, most (if not all, now) hospitals provide free parking permits to them. They would need to apply to the sister in charge of the respective ward.

Likewise, patients that have to make frequent visits, such as those undergoing chemotherapy or dialysis, should also able to be provided with free parking. I believe that the same applies to any out-patient with terminal illnesses.
By Mrs Nelson
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:10 pm
Thanks Fred. Perhaps we should rename the forum..www.england.co.uk. :lol: :lol:
No offence but surely if you were going to rename this forum jimbo it would be

Www.mybatandmyball.com

You guys Just keep moaning about the topics you will scare off those who have not left yet.

This is an expats forum for brits in Torrevieja, however we dont all want to talk about the snow in northern Spain do we?
By Mrs Nelson
There is talk today on the telly that a penny in the pound tax hike could raise 6 billion pounds, I don’t understand why our uk lottery was sold off to assist Canadian pension companies ( apparently ) and was not used to underpin the nhs and the social services for residents in the uk.

I know certain people dont want to talk about the uk any more, however if they were to suffer a life changing illness here, many would soon have no choice other than to return to the uk, at least after a decade or so of living here, the al fresco nhs service won’t be too much of a shock to them.

Kev
By old boy
The UK's National Lottery has not been sold off; your chum in the bar is way off base, again. I believe that the operator (Camelot) of the NL may have been sold, but they only operate it under licence from the government. Camelot are paid a fixed percentage, 5% is the figure I believe, to run NL for a fixed period, at which time companies will be invited to tender for the next operating licence.

The government still receives the same percentage of the income stream that they always have. And I also believe that some of that money does go towards the NHS.
By freddo
As of 2005, each pound (100p) spent on the National Lottery is split as follows:[22]

50p Prize fund
28p Good causes
12p Government
5p Retailers as commission [23]
5p Camelot
4.5p Camelot for operating costs
0.5p Camelot for profit
Footnotes[edit]
^ Jump up to: a b Camelot is a private limited company; its entire share issue is owned by a single shareholder.
Jump up ^ The National Lottery brand is owned by the Gambling Commission and licensed to Camelot as part of the franchise agreements under which Camelot operate The National Lottery.
By pete evans
I know certain people dont want to talk about the uk any more, however if they were to suffer a life changing illness here, many would soon have no choice other than to return to the uk, at least after a decade or so of living here, the al fresco nhs service won’t be too much of a shock to them.

Why would people with a serious illness chose to return to UK? Surely if they were here long term they would have Spanish cover.
By Mrs Nelson
I know where I live, but You guys must live in a dream world,

If you get ill here and require long term aftercare, your family and friends have to look after you when the hospital dishcharges you, so if you are loaded it’s not an issue because you can pay umpteen grand a month for a place in a private care home or have carers come to your house and look after you. If you are not in the position to pay for care, your partner now has a nice unpaid 24 hour a day job. I’m sure you will argue that the Spanish system will provide and will send people around to help you, :lol:
Last edited by Mrs Nelson on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mrs Nelson
old boy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm
The UK's National Lottery has not been sold off; your chum in the bar is way off base, again. I believe that the operator (Camelot) of the NL may have been sold, but they only operate it under licence from the government. Camelot are paid a fixed percentage, 5% is the figure I believe, to run NL for a fixed period, at which time companies will be invited to tender for the next operating licence.

The government still receives the same percentage of the income stream that they always have. And I also believe that some of that money does go towards the NHS.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8588321.stm
ryanair cabin bags

as they say in the West Country "you pays yo[…]

Tobacco Shops

If you do a search for Estancos en Torrevieja you […]

Nautical Rope for Sale

This rope sells at 2.20 euros per metre new in the[…]

ryanair online

No problem with this link https://www.ryanair.com[…]

Sofas

The best place to head to is Avenida Las Cortes Va[…]

Charlie