Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Mrs Nelson
In a few years time, it’s likely that millions of perfectly decent cars will be crushed because of their Diesel engines.

Shouldn’t the car manufacturers be working on a retro fit engine and battery pack that prevents adding billions of tonnes of waste to the planets scrap heaps ?
Shouldn’t the car manufacturers be working on a retro fit engine and battery pack that prevents adding billions of tonnes of waste to the planets scrap heaps ?
Currently costs to modify old cars entire drivetrains would be (a) too expensive (b) not viable due to the size (quantity required) and placement of batteries.

A theoretically good idea, but one that would need a jump in battery technology and overall manufacturing costs. Fundamental drivetrain is different - HOWEVER. If someone super smart could re manufacter a 1.4 turbodiesel engine to slot in an electric version, put the batteries in the boot, then possible - but would affect handling, giving other problems.

Battery's on the new cars tend to sit underfloor spread out, to lower centre of gravity. Stick a couple of hundred of kilos in the bootm in your old hatchback and it will nee the rear end re-engineering too!

If you are looking to save the planet, how about synthesizing a compound which breaks down plastics organically within salt water - thus fixing the oceans plastic problem. That I suspect is a solution already being looked at?
By Mrs Nelson
Mate I knew there would be talk of costs but a universal transverse engine with a universal mounting kit is the future. With relation to the batteries, let’s just put a diesel generator in the boot.

:D
This forum.

I have a couple of days spare to try and work this[…]

Wanted a Plumber

ring Peter on 617087174

This,That & another two

Council Borough - tax - county - privy

This or that or other

Coat Hanger - under - winter

This or That

Meats Cooked or assorted

words