Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Ketron
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:12 am
It could have been worse, although not by much.

Just read this on another forum.

" He is a gnats cock above plankton "

What kind of thick dumb arse comes up with stuff like that. :lol:
..................................................................................................................
I think we know the answer to that one, Jimbo.
It's an individual with "brain damage" ! :lol:
By Jimbo1916
Ketron wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:06 am
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:12 am
It could have been worse, although not by much.

Just read this on another forum.

" He is a gnats cock above plankton "

What kind of thick dumb arse comes up with stuff like that. :lol:
..................................................................................................................
I think we know the answer to that one, Jimbo.
It's an individual with "brain damage" ! :lol:
Exactly Duncan :D
By Ketron
Old Mother Nelson can relate to that condition. She demonstrates it , on a daily basis ! :lol:
By Ketron
Europe is well on the way to imploding .
The new President of Austria is a good right winger , and is pee'd off with Brussels .
Italy is hinting at a referendum.
Poland , Hungary and other former eastern bloc countries are showing signs of unrest , and are refusing to take "refugees" - You know , the 30 year old "children" with beards.

The E.U. is going to fall like a house of cards , and the sooner , the better ! :D
By old boy
Ketron, you don't half talk crap, and you can't bother to make even the most rudimentary trawls via Google. The following is from Wikipedia (underlined and bold type by me):
Van der Bellen has described himself as a centrist liberal and supports green and social liberal policies. As discussed in his 2015 book, he is supportive of the European Union and advocates European federalism. During the presidential election, he appealed to the political centre and was endorsed by the leaders of both the conservative Austrian People's Party and the Social Democratic Party. Van der Bellen is the second green president of a European Union country (after Raimonds Vējonis of Latvia) and the first to be directly elected by popular vote.
By Ketron
Old Boy = another sucker , that believes everything that he reads on Google and mainstream media . :roll:
He should get out and about more ! 8)
By Ketron
As usual Mrs Nelson ....You are having trouble grasping reality !

The countries that are disenchanted , are "because" they can see the rotten , corrupt E.U. for what it is .Nobody mentioned immigrants , but at least Poland , Hungary and Bulgaria are refusing to take any more .
By Ketron
"Invaders" is a more accurate description of them .
Of course , in your eyes , they are children ( with beards ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
By TVTechnology
The reason it`s been a success is because of you guys and of course the fair and robust moderation by Gary.
Term is, it WAS a success. It is now a failure. Little traffic or helpful posts. If you look at the type of help people offer on other local forums (one in Quesada springs to mind), helpful & no 'in house' fighting.

Gary does not have the time / energy to moderate - so as PeteKnight mentions - fallen into a state of disrepair.

Social media for one, has given this site a kick in - namely facebook and its many local groups. For any forum to succeed now, needs a lot more marketing & social network integration. This site would need a ground up rebuild.

A friend of mine works for Anglo Info - which is one of the worlds biggest expat sites, with multiple forums in countries & areas - twice in the last 3 years have they 're-invented' the websites in order to wrestle back traffic. Spent fortunes.

I for one, if moderating this forum would probably have kicked off half the posters in the politics section - just nasty, but that is what happens when not moderated.
By tommyhoran
Its a pity to know its closing...I always got that little bit of info needed and I am coming to Torrevieja since 2001. But there were times I really switched off from some of the crap that was wrote... and those who were writing it...computer bullies and know alls........but I will miss it...
By GoHost4U
Hi All

On the 8/12/2017 we will be closing this forum down!

I have tried to convince Gary to keep it going even on our cheaper server but I dont think Gary wants the hassle any more and I cannot blame him.

I have made several suggestions and I have several idea but without Gary's consent I cannot use any of the information here. However, if you guys want me to set up an alternative forum where you can start afresh then let me know and I will have a look info it.

Email me at forum@gohost4u.com if youre interested in this and or able to help with running/moderating/financing it.

Thanks for all your support over the years!

Mark
GoHost4U
By bigjoe
Hi Mark,

So many people get their information from this forum and it would be a shame to loos it but I do understand why it is happening.

Thanks for the offer of doing something, may I suggest starting a Facebook page and post the link here.T he page would be used for people to find the new web address for the new forum if you do get it up and going. I am sorry but I wouldn't be in a position to help but I do wish you well with it.

Thanks freddo

I phone 6

Hi yes have done that but no different thanks :?

Spain increase minimum wage

Spain's minimum wage will jump by 22% in 2019 - […]

Wanted intruder alarm

Can you tell me the make of the alarm that you bou[…]

Tablet to Tv

Have a great Christmas. Mick Cheers Mick - sam[…]

Is Brexit a done deal?

The Brexit deal negotiated by Theresa May may be '[…]

Visiting the housebound

http://helpathomecb.com/ Perhaps these could he[…]

SATELLITE DISH FOR SALE

Please put a price on your advert or it will be re[…]