Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By bruce
If i get my state pension paid directly into sabadell from dwp what kind of rate could I Expect
By freddo
The rate will be set by Citibank who are the transfer agents for UK Pension Service nothing to do with Sabadell
I get all my pensions paid int a UK account then transfer by Transferwise to Sabadell as and when the rate is good and I believe
the rate is as good if not higher than Citibank
By teleless
bruce wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 am
If i get my state pension paid directly into sabadell from dwp what kind of rate could I Expect
I would say either the rate that is on the day your pension arrives in Spain or the rate on the day that it arrives in your account. Never checked it thoroughly but doesn´t seem to be much in it either way. :)
By gardner8
I suspect that citybank, who buy millions of euros, get a slightly better rate than you Fred but I have never bothered to check. :)
By soapydave
i believe Sabadell have an fee free account if you pay more than €700 a month in so that's worth a bit on top of your exchange rate,just a thought................ :)
By freddo
They do it is called an Expansion Axxount you also can get a Gold Credit Card which has Travel and accident insurance covered
By pete evans
this has gone right off theme;

By strolling_minstrel
If you have a pension paid into Bankia then you only need €200 a month to get free banking.
They do have a savings account as well but, like all banks anywhere the interest rates are very low. Even a 5 year fixed term will only pay about 1%. I think the ones you can draw money from pays about 0.04% or something ridiculous.
My UK savings pays me 0,9% on a 2 year fixed bond (not allowed withdrawals) and my instant access savings account pays me 0.05%. They even, helpfully, told me for every £50,000 I have in they will pay me £25 a year. Wowee!!
I have a pension paid monthly (now with a minus €400 a month since last year due to falling exchange rates) and get the bank rate (not the tourist rate) on the day it goes through. It takes 2 or 3 days for it to reach the account but I think state pensions are credited on the same day.
By freddo
pete evans wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 pm

It is not possible to say what rate you will get other than you will get very near the echange rate ate the time it is transferred Thats why I have mine paid into a UK bank then I tranfsfer it using Transferwise when I can see that the rate is good
If the Euro becomes strong then by having your pension paid direct to Spain you will lose if it becomes weak you will gain My way I am in control
By Adey
pete evans wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 pm

All currency exchange rates constantly move, they change about every two seconds, so the chances of pin pointing an exact rate is about 10 billion to 1
iPhone Screen Replacement

Thanks for all the responses I managed to get it r[…]

amazon kindle security

Hi all, I've got an amazon kindle tablet and I use[…]

Go to the Town Hall at Playa Flamenca with your pa[…]

WANTED ENGLISH BULBS

Try the Johnson's shops in Quesada (near the Arche[…]

The Iron Lady

Pointless trying to debate with you guys, what&r[…]

We are paying our gardener €12.50 an hour and[…]

WANTED JET WASHER

I just want one to was my patio.