Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By reagan
Conservatives say they will stop the WFA for the richest people in the UK and all the opposition parties go on TV and say the Conservatives are taking the WFA off the poorest in the land ,anybody would be right in thinking that politicians take the British public for idiots :shock:
By Mrs Nelson
The Scottish tories are going to back heel it, I hope this is the start of the Tory implosion,

Of course they take us for idiots Chas , they print manifestos that we never read, we rely on the news to tell us what's in these manifestos, when they don't keep to the promises of the manifesto, look at the tories on immigration and borrowing etc, we give them a walk over and come on forums like this and defend their poor performance. Idiots is being kind I think, look how many times mrs May says strong and stable, yet she is scared of debating Jc, look how she is supported on here.

I'm not sure how the poorer pensioners apply for wfa at present or if it's just awarded to them without them asking for it, I think labour are suggesting that if pensioners had to fill in a twenty page form or apply on line that they might be put off by the arsing about and will miss out on the money. That's a fair point I think.

I think the wfa is the least of the worries facing pensioners. How about the dementia tax?

Faced with watching their inheritance dwindle, I can see a lot of kids in the south buying their folks a one way ticket to Switzerland

:lol:
By Jimbo1916
Stop talking waffle. Well off pensioners don`t need WFA. Much better to go the ones that really need it.

You only think Labour are suggesting etc etc etc.

In other words...you don't know.
By Tazzle
Perhaps kev thinks it's right that the struggling, £22,000 a year nurse, who he cares so much about, should subsidise the heating costs of wealthy pensioners. Personally I do not.

All benefits should be means tested, and if eligible people are too stupid or bone idle to complete a simple form, I say let them freeze! :D
By old boy
Mrs Nelson appears to have misunderstood what Mr Reagan was saying.

It appears that Mr Reagan was saying that the opposition parties are treating the voting public as idiots. The Tory manifesto devotes just one very short paragraph to means testing of the Winter Fuel Payment (it is not an allowance), and the manifesto does not define how that means testing will put into place. But in my opinion, it's a good idea as long as those whose "means" are just their property where they live, are not penalised. I have a feeling that MPs will not allow that to happen.
By Mrs Nelson
Chas said politicians

He didnt indicate a particular flavour, however you are welcome to your opinions as to what he meant, but that's all it is, an opinion.

Why are scotish tories rejecting this non harmful legislature ?

Suckers.
By old boy
Because as Mrs May made clear, the WFP is one of the range of payments that the devolved Scottish government are responsible. So the decision will be made in Holyrood not Westminster.

And as the manifesto makes clear, the proposal is only to target the wealthiest pensioners. Not what Corbyn is saying, attacking the poorest in society.
By Mrs Nelson
If it was great policy then the Scottish tories wouldn't be distancing themselves from it would they ?

As I said I'm not an expert on benefits so I don't know how this handout gets dished out to people, but I'm going to maintain for the moment that if there was a substantial change to the allocation process, like making it a web based application, well I'm going to argue that some people would be discouraged.

Obviously I will change my opinion if clarification calls for it, because I'm reasonable you see.
By Burrababa
Mrs Nelson is deff not an expert to comment on benefits --his own words :D

Regan specifically mentioned opposition politicians so he was critical of opposition politicians taking the British voting public for numptys --looks like Mrs Nelson also has difficult assimilating information--this would explain why she was unable to get her head around BREXIT and the Referendum issues :roll:

but hang on!!!

maybe I am being a bit too judgemental here:wink:

Let me read Mrs Nelson's comments again --is she really speaking up for pensioners and does she really want all pensioners to get the WFA--and is she happy for Brits to pay more tax to fund this----wow --Mrs Nelson seems to have turned---she appears to be the pensioners pal now :lol: :lol: :lol:

vor sprung de teknik :roll:
By reagan
The payment at the moment is paid to all people (except us in boiling hot Europe )over 63 who are resident in the UK in I believe September regardless of income ,so all millionaires and also the other lot of very rich get it paid into their bank account and I bet the very rich hardly notice it has gone in to their bank it is £100 per person if a couple or £300 if a member of the household is over 80 so if granddad or grandma is living in the house with a family they get it even if the family has a few working people in the family it is something that really needs sorting out
My figures may be out but you get the gist of what I am saying ,ok they stopped ours last year but can honestly say we have managed without it
By Jimbo1916
Burrababa wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Mrs Nelson is deff not an expert to comment on benefits --his own words :D

Regan specifically mentioned opposition politicians so he was critical of opposition politicians taking the British voting public for numptys --looks like Mrs Nelson also has difficult assimilating information--this would explain why she was unable to get her head around BREXIT and the Referendum issues :roll:

but hang on!!!

maybe I am being a bit too judgemental here:wink:

Let me read Mrs Nelson's comments again --is she really speaking up for pensioners and does she really want all pensioners to get the WFA--and is she happy for Brits to pay more tax to fund this----wow --Mrs Nelson seems to have turned---she appears to be the pensioners pal now :lol: :lol: :lol:

vor sprung de teknik :roll:
"Obviously I will change my opinion if clarification calls for it, because I'm reasonable you see."

Utter tripe Tony....and you know it. :lol: :lol:

He doesn`t give a toss about greedy, ungrateful, selfish, ten bob a week, think of number one pensioners, so why pretend to be concerned that some deserving pensioners won`t get WFA because they are not experienced Silver Surfers .

Reminds me of slimy, greasy Tony Bliar. :D

Hypocrite of the rank order.

Cometh the day...8th of June..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Mrs Nelson
Thanks Chas

So at the moment everyone who qualifies gets it without asking for it yes ?

So under the new system, will the entitlement calculation be made at handout central and then paid automatically or will people need to apply for it? This is a big issue and needs to be clarified.

By the way Chas I know you have the sense to stay out of the political debate in here, but in your opinion, why would the leader of the Scottish tories be so keen to mention this won't apply in Scotland, surely Scottish rich people and English and Welsh etc rich people are the same, they don't need it.

Is this a vote killer, like the dementia tax soon to be known as the house snatch policy ?

What do you think. . .?
By old boy
Mrs Nelson, you really do like to push people's buttons, don't you!

I have already written, and I know that you have read, that the proposal in the manifesto was only a very short paragraph, and that it had no details. Those details will emerge in due course providing that the Conservatives win the election, and we won't know that for another 2.5 weeks. And the details will be fleshed out in Parliament, setting out the parameters and how the qualifications are determined.

A likely (and the easiest) route would be based around earnings, and that would only require HMRC to notify the DWP about who should receive the payment and who not to get it.

And again I repeat, Mrs May cannot ordain whether the Scottish government maintains who receives the WFP; that is entirely the responsibility of the parliament in Holyrood. Mrs May cannot tell them how to manage that payment, and that is all she and Ruth Davidson were saying. It's not a huge conspiracy, anymore than the fact that the SNP are going to increase tax for higher rate taxpayers in Scotland. They have those powers now North of the border.

And the proposed change to the way that the costs for care in the home will be levied just brings it into line with the way that costs are already collected for those being cared for in care/nursing homes. It makes sense.

The alternative is that relatives take responsibility for caring for their loved ones, as they do in so many other countries. As it seems that people in the UK are either unable, unwilling or incapable of doing so, it should not really be the responsibility of others to pick up the tab, especially as nobody will vote for a party that tells you that it is going to increase taxation.
By Mrs Nelson
I'm not sure what you mean about pushing buttons, I'm here to have enjoyable debate not to pee anyone off.

I'm sorry old boy but you suggest your posts are definitive and I'm somehow missing your point or trying to wind you up by continuing to dig, this is not the case, as I explained I have to sort the wheat from the chaff here and it's hard to concentrate with the billeous comments from the school bullies still fresh in my mind.
old boy wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 11:22 am
The Tory manifesto devotes just one very short paragraph to means testing of the Winter Fuel Payment (it is not an allowance), and the manifesto does not define how that means testing will put into place. But in my opinion, it's a good idea as long as those whose "means" are just their property where they live, are not penalised. I have a feeling that MPs will not allow that to happen.

I just don't see the situations through your eyes, and with relation to the wfa, I felt Ruth Davidson what distancing herself and underlining the regional differences quite strongly, you can see it how you like, I see it as her buffer from a potential vote killer, surely this is something pensioners need to know before the vote, not after.

I appreciate your input, but let's get this straight, we won't know what we are going to get until after June 8, so you can suggest how this policy might be implemented but it's just your opinion, if there was a substantial change and lots of Internet faff people would miss out, that's my opinion, it's a forum, that's how it goes, I'm not winding you up.

With relation to the dementia tax, which is being strangely ignored on here, marr gave Damian green a rough ride, I'm going to watch it again as I was distracted by my lad. But I'm surprised people are worrying about a few hundred quid when the should be worrying about hundreds of thousands.

Cheers.

Kev
By Ketron
I'm curious :? . Did Mrs Nelson ( in her youth ) attend school ... or was she a "professional" truant ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
December 25

Do what I do and give 50 euros to charity instead […]

still live

Why folks is this forum Closing down ?

Lift back to the UK

Keep a look out for Bla Bla Bla the lift share web[…]

Stunning photography here

Thank you for sharing, amazing pics.

Electric bill

Anybody know whether the day and night meters are […]

This forum.

Primark onesie?

PLASTIC

I don’t throw a lot of plastic out anymore. […]

Microwave for sale 20 euros

interested in microwave. Where are you ?

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities