Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By freddo
I have just been notified by Durham County Council that my Voting Pack will be handed to Royal Mail on Monday 22nd of May 2017 and be be posted to me by them , surely it will be a near thing for me to get the papers back in time for my vote to be received before the voting takes place on June 8th
I have just sent a strongly worded email to DCC to this effect
Anyone got their papers yet
By old boy
The list of candidates only closed today, so they will be printing and preparing everybody's pack in just 3 days. They cannot send them out much quicker.
By cyclemad
We got ours this morning, they were dispatched on Monday, Leeds City Council. We always send them back by Easypost to make sure they get there in about 4 working days. I know you need to pay using Easypost but who knows how long Correos would take with postage paid mail.
By Simonipswich
cyclemad wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 pm
We got ours this morning, they were dispatched on Monday, Leeds City Council. We always send them back by Easypost to make sure they get there in about 4 working days. I know you need to pay using Easypost but who knows how long Correos would take with postage paid mail.
Correos will get it there in time for the 2022 Election! Unless Mrs May goes to the Country AGAIN in 2018!
:D
By nigelandkath
you might be wanting to vote for a party that has a second referendum in their manifesto. Or just want to exercise your right as a uk citizen. Just because you live outside the country doesn't mean that what happens doesn't effect you. If you don't have your say then how can you debate the result
By Kinchy
If you are resident in Spain, and have been elbowed out of the EU, why are you bothering to vote in a UK election?

Who has elbowed who? Do you have a direct line with Mr Barnier and Mr Tusk?
Agree with the comment why do you vote in a UK election if you are resident in Spain.
You made your bed here in Spain ...... Lie on it!
By Cinuelica
Gawd, ask a simple question!

Us expats, well the ones I know, wanted to remain. Now we're out, and living in a country which is in the EU - good on it.

Spain is where I want to be and I've made my bed and bloody comfortable it is.

I have no idea and cannot understand why ex-pat residents are bothered about voting in the UK unless, of course, they are all secretly hoping to be repatriated when things get tough.
By Kinchy
Oh Gawd, you assume that those contributing on this forum are all ex pats who have given up their rights in the UK - yes?
Well there are those amongst you who have not, and I am one of those. I own property here in Spain and in the UK and as comfortable as your bed may be ( and I am pleased you have found your Slumberland mattress), that in reality is your main concern
IE what happens if they cannot agree on my rights as an Ex pat in Spain.

You voted to remain and fair play to you because that is democracy.

Those expats with residencia, that want to vote in the UK election, have the right to vote if they fall within the parameters enabling them to vote, and good luck to them whichever way they may vote.

Those that decided to give up their UK status can express an opinion and fair play and respect to those opinions, BUT because of their decision to give up their UK status should not be allowed to vote - simple!
WANTED ENGLISH BULBS

You can get the adaptors to either bayonet (Englis[…]

Pullmantur cruse from Alicante.

You will be charged (I think) 72 euro each on your[…]

Samsung 40 inch HD ready lcd TV Model LE40S86BDX &[…]

amazon kindle security

https://www.epubor.com/best-free-antivirus-for-kin[…]

Sky movies....recommendations

It was a good movie, watched it last month.

Never used. Think it is surge protected. 10 euro

Obtaining Padron and Residencia

Grange When i was at Playa Flamenca Town Hall this[…]

iPhone Screen Replacement

Thanks for all the responses I managed to get it r[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities