Torrevieja Forum

This Is The Place To Talk About Football or any Sport.

Moderator: Moderator

By redman
Curtains & Blinds wrote:Great season
Great football
Great fans
Great players
Great stadium
Sore Losers
Yes well played I have enjoyed watching them play this season, by the way did spurs not spend over 100 million on tranfers and only finished sixth ,Was that not trying to buy something, yes city have money, but they certainly know how to spend it . Can't wait for next season .
By Curtains & Blinds
The people saying we bough it, unfortunately it is the nature of the beast. Realistically nowadays you have to splash the cash to win it, but you also have to spend that money on good players and have the right people to see the job through.
There is a lot to look forward to next season for certain teams, reflecting on their performance this term and others more struggle.
By Gary
Curtains & Blinds wrote:The people saying we bough it, unfortunately it is the nature of the beast.
It`s been the nature of the beast, since the premier league started.
Before Chelsea and City came along. We all know the team that had
the most money to spend and you have seen the success that that money
brought in. Sorry, I don`t agree with the Financial Fair Play policy. All that
will do is revert back to the beginning of the premiership again!!!

Difficult one to resolve, but I am pretty sure that Chelsea and City will
find a legal way round it.

Why not revert back to what it was before Sky.

All sports on ITV and BBC for free and no players will then be paid the
outrageous salaries that they receive today.

The cause of all this is the idiots that pay for Sky & Virgin sports channels
and yes, I am one of those :oops: :oops: :oops:

Do you know how much pubs have to pay a month to have sky sports?
By senorfromuk
redman said:

"Yes well played I have enjoyed watching them play this season, by the way did spurs not spend over 100 million on tranfers and only finished sixth ,Was that not trying to buy something, yes city have money, but they certainly know how to spend it . Can't wait for next season .[/quote]

Yes Spurs did spend £100 million (club generated revenue!) and messed up by buying too many similar type players, the managers sackings didn't help. Levy needs to seriously sort out the club's strategy. Given we messed up and still finished 6th, shows with the right manager will do better. BTW Spurs cannot compete with City's or Chelsea's players' wage structure and this is what attracts the best players.

The introduction of the Champions League has resulted in the making of mercenary players. If we still had the previous structure of the European Cup, Cup-Winners Cup and UEFA Cup competitions, we would not have all this nonsense. Furthermore the FA Cup & League Cups have been de-valued and will now be even more so with the winners of the Europa League next season qualifying for the CL. As the Abba song goes - Money, Money, Money.........!
By Blueboy
redman wrote:
maggot wrote:Well done city,albeit overpaid footballers,like all premier league players,money does talk and city do a lot of talking.so be it,like any other business,success is paid for and talent can be tuned by the right staff,that's one thing city have got.well done pellegrini,the players and all the unsung backroom staff.
Yes well done city , but I would be a bit worried, they have vast amounts of cash , possibly the highest wage bill for possibly the biggest squad, why did it go to the last day , and why did they only.
Win it by 2 points.
This one has come back to bite you

Most expensive team ever assembled
Highest wage bill ever
Still in 4th
No trophy

He he at least we won it
Airplane seats

Depends where you're going to, I suppose. Obviousl[…]

For Sale beautiful mock period writing desk/bureau[…]

NIPS - Hand Strapping Kit, complete with 3x100 pac[…]

New Members !!