Torrevieja Forum

This Is The Place To Talk About Football or any Sport.

Moderator: Moderator

By km
Think a lot of referees will be sad no more back handers :wink:
By Moose
blanconegro wrote:I just knew his career would go nowhere when he left St Mirren....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
428657_412825838816662_947283481_n.jpg
428657_412825838816662_947283481_n.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
By Moose
Curtains & Blinds wrote:Good to see bacon chops grooming Gollum in the arts of time keeping. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great time at the final Jock i'll be watching for you :lol: . And see you soon :D .
By redman
hugh jorgan wrote:Football will be empty without Fergie, no one around to touch him, by far the most successful manager in English football, I doubt we will ever see such a longstanding manager in the history of the game. Not even the so called great European sides can match that type of longevity.
No doubt fergie. Was a great manager,but as far as Europe goes he won 3 trophies in 26 years , Bob paisley won 4 in 9 years , also he Was at Liverpool for 44 years starting as a player in 1939, don't forget this man never had hundreds of millions at his disposal, he made great players out of ordinary men.
By redman
hugh jorgan wrote:
redman wrote:
hugh jorgan wrote:Football will be empty without Fergie, no one around to touch him, by far the most successful manager in English football, I doubt we will ever see such a longstanding manager in the history of the game. Not even the so called great European sides can match that type of longevity.
No doubt fergie. Was a great manager,but as far as Europe goes he won 3 trophies in 26 years , Bob paisley won 4 in 9 years , also he Was at Liverpool for 44 years starting as a player in 1939, don't forget this man never had hundreds of millions at his disposal, he made great players out of ordinary men.

And Fergie never made any great players out of ordinary men, you're not biased

No I am not biased I am stating a fact, good youth system and established stars , I don't think he bought many players from lower divisions, paisley. Was successful before big money and foreign owners come into the game, I am not denying fergies ability but when the premier league started and the intervention of sky sports ,this helped provide the funds for him to turn around the fortunes of the club, nowadays it's money that helps brings success more than managers , just look at Chelsea , 9 managers in 11 years, but the owners millions buys them a trophy every year , like I said before I am not biased , and have no intention Arguing over football , but two more points, over any nine year period in fergusons career i think paisley comes out on top.
And finally I said success was about money would mourinho have saved QPR, no not unless they would have given him the usual millions to spend.
By redman
Liberty Valance wrote:You have to respect Fergies record even if you don't respect his methods.
Did you even read the post?, not once did I say I did not respect his record or his methods , I personally think he is the last of the great managers, what I said was that money decides how successful you are, in the days of paisley , Brian cough, and of course sir Matt busby it was more of a level playing field and managers had to manage , these days no money no success, yes wigan won the cup , but will now lose millions in revenue after being relegated, nowadays it is more important to finish out of the relegation zone than to win the cup. And that's down to money,
By Gary
hugh jorgan wrote:The 1999 treble wining team didn't cost much if memory serves me right, Giggs, Butt, Neville x 2, Beckham, etc others have tried including liverpool with a lot more money and failed, so maybe lotsa dosh don't work then, I can't think of an english team that has spent megga bucks in 1 season and done as well as man u did in 1999 with little spent
Your memory must be short as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 1998, Stam became the then most expensive Dutch football player in history and the most expensive defender in history, when Manchester United bought him for £10.6 million.

On 10 January 1995, Cole was suddenly sold in a shock deal to Manchester United for a deal worth £7 million – £6 million cash plus £1 million-rated Keith Gillespie going in the opposite direction, setting a new record for the most expensive British transfer.

Villa were left with no option but to sell the player and he was transferred to Manchester United for £12.6 million in August 1998

All in the starting 11.
By redman
hugh jorgan wrote:
redman wrote:
Liberty Valance wrote:You have to respect Fergies record even if you don't respect his methods.
Did you even read the post?, not once did I say I did not respect his record or his methods , I personally think he is the last of the great managers, what I said was that money decides how successful you are, in the days of paisley , Brian cough, and of course sir Matt busby it was more of a level playing field and managers had to manage , these days no money no success, yes wigan won the cup , but will now lose millions in revenue after being relegated, nowadays it is more important to finish out of the relegation zone than to win the cup. And that's down to money,

The 1999 treble wining team didn't cost much if memory serves me right, Giggs, Butt, Neville x 2, Beckham, etc others have tried including liverpool with a lot more money and failed, so maybe lotsa dosh don't work then, I can't think of an english team that has spent megga bucks in 1 season and done as well as man u did in 1999 with little spent

What do you mean many have tried and failed including Liverpool, paisley won a treble in 1978 and only used 13 players all british,also won 3 european cups in 4 years a bit better than 2 in 26 stats work both ways , we could go at it all day , if you don't believe that money did not help fergies success , then it is you that is biased,my original comments were that a managers job is easier with money.
By Spanishwhite
Money and dodgy 'arry could buy QPR success ............ I'm pleased to say......

COYW
By redman
hugh jorgan wrote:Fergies treble (ie, Prem, FA Cup and European Cup) has never been done since or before, when I say failed, I mean with spending a shed load of money and failing, I am not biased toward any club being an Eagles fan, I just enjoy football, we can all pick out bits of stats that suit us, but in the end fergie has won the most of any manager in 6 years or 26 years it doesn't matter, he has done it, city spent a fortune and then they sack mancini because he has an iffy year, like I said money don't always work, most of fergies teams have been lads that came through the ranks, yes he has spent a lot but most of his best players cost nought or very little, and yes if the manager has potfulls of dosh it can make life easier, especially in european competitions where you need money these days to progress.
The summer before the treble winning season united spent close to 30 million , and then they spent 62 million prior to winning fergies second champions league , nearly 50 million last year and over 50 million the year before on 3 players , phil jones , david de gea, and ashley young is that not a shed load of money,
By redman
Liberty Valance wrote:
redman wrote:
Did you understand what I said?
I don't like him,but I respect his record.
40 years a Liverpool supporter.
YNWA.
Looking forward to Panorama on monday.

Me too , but I think quite a lot of people won't be looking forward to it , the ones that still don't believe the truth.
Yes fergie run that club the way we would all like our clubs to be run , but his success coincided with the start of the premier league and sky sports and big money come into the game, and united were always going to get a lions share of that.

The Patron Festival or Fiesta Patronales Torreviej[…]

Estate Agents

The debt stays with the property, the same as with[…]

Great new s

Torrevieja.co.uk

Would you consider someone hosting it for you Gary[…]

Quizes

Hi we're looking to meet 2 or 3 people who want to[…]

No I haven't seen that place before so I will take[…]

Happy Mobile

Did you mean Happy Movil or Happy Mobil I is owne[…]

Christmas Fayre 23rd November