Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

In This Section You Can Discuss Most Things About Charities.

Moderator: Moderator

By Newmaney
Do charity shops actually check the books they receive for sell on value or simply put them on display ?
By Chrisdee
The 2 that I've worked in just put them on display.
Newmaney wrote:Do charity shops actually check the books they receive for sell on value or simply put them on display ?
By freddo
I have a lot of 1st editions and none have 1st edition in the front I also have a lot of signed books
By coolkid
I was in a charity shop a few weeks ago. A lady was browsing through the books and i heard her say 'well look at this' and pulled out a fistful of notes that had been left in the book... turned out to be 200 euros

the charity lady couldn't wait to run over and grab them out of her hand ...and made it quite clear no effort would be made to trace the donor

i no longer support charity shops
By Chrisdee
It would be impossible to trace the donor if you found any money, how would you go about it?
coolkid wrote:I was in a charity shop a few weeks ago. A lady was browsing through the books and i heard her say 'well look at this' and pulled out a fistful of notes that had been left in the book... turned out to be 200 euros

the charity lady couldn't wait to run over and grab them out of her hand ...and made it quite clear no effort would be made to trace the donor

i no longer support charity shops
By Chrisdee
Well, thanks for the heads up, I shall tell the people incharge at Reach Out and I'm sure they will put a sign up for the people who do the books to have a quick flick through the pages just incase. I'm sure if money was found in any of the books we would class it as a donation and it would go into the funds of the charity. No way would you be able to find out who it belonged to.
coolkid wrote:I am sure it would not be easy but it was quite apparant that they wouldn't even try...

3 watches €5 each or €10 for all 3. Phot[…]

Black Plastic Panel for a Gate

You could consider going to the brico which is off[…]

Urgent request for dog beds

No gaps, he made them without gaps.

I buy 50mm drain pipe there, spliced and wrapped a[…]

Robert has gone , I hope mrs May is inspired to do[…]

This or that or other

Aid Band - Human - Housing

This or That

Second Try or Time

New Word Game.