Torrevieja Forum

To Sponsor This Section, Please Contact Gary.
Anything Relating To Schools Within The Torrevieja Area.

Moderator: Moderator

By Deb64
jeremyKyle wrote:Website not working for me ,might be my laptop ,but also doesnt open on my friends laptop,and my wifes Ipad.
It says : account suspended.
The website is working for me, I have just clicked on it and looked at verious headings.
By KarenA
dreamteam wrote:HI

WE ARE MOVING TO SPAIN IN APRIL AND AFTER READING YOUR POSTS I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS.I HAVE 3 KIDS,14,6 AND 4.SHOULD WE ENROL OLDEST IN MAR AZUL AND THE OTHER 2 IN A SPANISH SCHOOL?
IS THERE A COST FOR GOING TO MAR AZUL SCHOOL AND DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN A CATCMENT AREA TO GO TO THIS SCHOOL.

CHEERS
We have two children at Mar Azul. Aged 16 and 14 at the time we enrolled last Summer. Prior to this they spent 8 years in the Spanish system. The Spanish junior school was OK, the problems started when they started secondary school. Their work deteriorated and some of the teachers were not very helpful. We spent many hours and a lot of money on after school lessons to try and help them.
You may not be aware how the Spanish school system works. In secondary school students are tested throughout the year and given notes in June. Any subjects failed in June can be done again during the Summer. If they fail more than two subject they repeat the year. They can only repeat two years out of the four. If they reach year four and fail more than one subject, which cannot be Maths or Spanish (lengua), they will not receive their certificate of secondary education. We were not prepared to take a chance so we moved them to Mar Azul. The transformation in our children has been amazing. They are much happier, the teachers are brilliant and their results have improved dramatically.
The benefit of putting the younger children into the Spanish system is their Spanish will be good even if you move them later. The fourteen year old I would not put them into the Spanish system that late in their school time.
You don´t have to be in the catchment area to attend Mar Azul. You do have to be in the catchment area for the Spanish schools. You will need to produce a padron as proof of where you own or rent.
You can email Sam at Mar Azul on marazulschool@hotmail.com

Good luck.
By pieman1973
Menina wrote:
Deb64 wrote: In our case my son needs U.K qualification to enable him to join the Royal Airforce or any of the other services as they don't recognise the Spanish Baccalaureate.
Your last paragraph comes as a surprise, as British Universities accept the Spanish Baccalaureate as suitable entry level. Here is an example
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/ug/applyi ... soutsideuk
My son was in the Spanish state school system and was doing very well with looking forward to staying on and doing Baccalaureate. He too wanted to join the Royal navy and when back in the UK we visited the Careers office in our city centre which held the Army, Royal navy and Royal Air Force recruitment offices. When we explained that our son was going to stay on we were told that while the forces did recognise the International Baccalaureate they did not recognise the Spanish Baccalaureate. "Why" we asked as aren't they the same? we were told no, then the Navy recruitment officer said that it was the same with the RAF but you could try the Army as their standard was not as high as either the RAF or Navy.
Hourly rate

You have got to be joking !!!! well over the top […]

There is an article in the Diario Informacion whic[…]

Jeweller

Depends how well you want it fixed - if it needs n[…]

I.B.S. medicines

Here in Spain, my doctor prescribed Cleboril 500 m[…]

Flu Jab

sometimes it can give you the symptoms of flu did […]

modelo 210

Yes Colin. 4 years is the time limit. You probably[…]

Pool Covers

Don't know anything about pools except that there […]

Howell and son

Not much good to Reagan he is in Germany now .

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities