Torrevieja Forum

To Sponsor This Section, Please Contact Gary.
Anything Relating To Schools Within The Torrevieja Area.

Moderator: Moderator

By herba1981
Few questions for ex pats living in torrevieja (la marina area) my parents are relocating in the next few weeks im looking to make the move myself possible in next 12 months. I have 7yr old daughter who would be relocatting with me. Ive heard very mixed reviews on the topic 'moving to spain'
Was wondering how it all works as regards to schools, language barrier, work, residencia, health care?
I do know the basics and I am researching as much as possible. I also intend to kearn some of the language before we arrive.
Could someone with young children in the same position im in enlighten me on your experience so far I would much appreciate it :?:
By Ketron
Welcome to the forum . :D

I don´t want to be pessimistic , but the biggest drawback here is finding work . Although , having said that , Restaurants and Bars are usually a good bet , but they don´t usually pay a lot of money though .

Good luck . :lol:
By herba1981
They never do but its always a start. Im lucky enough to have a small safety net but wanna be earning asap n will pretty much do anything I have to im hoping to try and move my cleqning business with me but not putting all my eggs in one basket. Any tips would b helpful :D
By redman
Yes it is a great life in Spain , as long as you have financial security , and you have health care . As far as financial security goes. I doubt very much you will find the sort of employment that would give you this , as someone said before ,your medical cover would take a large chunk of your savings . Unless of course you found legal employment with a contract that would then give you an entitlement to medical cover, but that type of work does not come along that often,Think long and hard before taking the plunge, people on here all have different circumstances , the happy ones are the ones with financial security , I am in no way trying to tell you what to do , but lots of people have come and gone over the years and a large percentage of their problems were due to financial reasons.
By shirlie anne
A child of that age will easily adapt once immersed into the spanish educational system,however,it becomes more of a problem for the parents to adapt to the system.You will find that you will worry about your child more than they worry about themselves.
As far as work is concerned,be prepared for working twice as hard for half the pay in Spain.I say that from experience after 15 years in Spain,by the time I get home tonight at around 1 a.m. I will have earned around 74 euros,minus 10 euro in petrol and travelling time.works out at 5 euro an hour.
That said,I would not swap it for the world.If you need to be financially dependent on what Spain offers,then be prepared to work longer hours.
By redman
shirlie anne wrote:A child of that age will easily adapt once immersed into the spanish educational system,however,it becomes more of a problem for the parents to adapt to the system.You will find that you will worry about your child more than they worry about themselves.
As far as work is concerned,be prepared for working twice as hard for half the pay in Spain.I say that from experience after 15 years in Spain,by the time I get home tonight at around 1 a.m. I will have earned around 74 euros,minus 10 euro in petrol and travelling time.works out at 5 euro an hour.
That said,I would not swap it for the world.If you need to be financially dependent on what Spain offers,then be prepared to work longer hours.

5 euros an hour that means your working up to 15 hours,when would she actually see her child . Not only that when would
she find the time to enjoy living in Spain.
Hourly rate

You have got to be joking !!!! well over the top […]

There is an article in the Diario Informacion whic[…]

Jeweller

Depends how well you want it fixed - if it needs n[…]

I.B.S. medicines

Here in Spain, my doctor prescribed Cleboril 500 m[…]

Flu Jab

sometimes it can give you the symptoms of flu did […]

modelo 210

Yes Colin. 4 years is the time limit. You probably[…]

Pool Covers

Don't know anything about pools except that there […]

Howell and son

Not much good to Reagan he is in Germany now .

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities