Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

I'm not sure what your point is? I assume she is saying that the negotiated terms mean we have to abide by the rules but have no MEPs and therefore no say. During the referendum campaign everyone, including remainers, agreed that this would be the worst possible position.
By Kinchy
I agree with Sheef Blade and do not quite see what your point is freddo?

This deal gives us no voice, no votes, no MEPs, no commissioner.”

If one takes out the matter of no MEP's (which of course is accepted), accepting this shambles of a deal which will leave the UK half in and half out, confirms that we the UK will no voice, no votes and will be expected to take every diktat from the EUSSR.
What really is of concern to me are the unknowns that the EUSSR will be or are planning to implement after 29th of March 2019.

No deal is better than a bad deal - remember May's famous patronising sound bite?

So this proposal is a very bad deal, so time to keep the £39 billion and go to WTO and wait for the EUSSR to come to the UK asking for a deal which will suit the German/French car makers,Italian /Spanish/ French wine makers, French cheeses, Belgian chocolates and the list goes on ad infinitum!

Walk away NOW - Leave means Leave
By Paulwps
Kinchy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:07 pm
I agree with Sheef Blade and do not quite see what your point is freddo?

This deal gives us no voice, no votes, no MEPs, no commissioner.”

If one takes out the matter of no MEP's (which of course is accepted), accepting this shambles of a deal which will leave the UK half in and half out, confirms that we the UK will no voice, no votes and will be expected to take every diktat from the EUSSR.
What really is of concern to me are the unknowns that the EUSSR will be or are planning to implement after 29th of March 2019.

No deal is better than a bad deal - remember May's famous patronising sound bite?

So this proposal is a very bad deal, so time to keep the £39 billion and go to WTO and wait for the EUSSR to come to the UK asking for a deal which will suit the German/French car makers,Italian /Spanish/ French wine makers, French cheeses, Belgian chocolates and the list goes on ad infinitum!

Walk away NOW - Leave means Leave
Exactly, spend the 39 billion securing deals with the rest of the world !
Tell the EU to stick it.
freddo wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:06 pm
You sound like a Leaver
1 view as long as it is your view :)
I wasn't actually expressing a view, I was wondering what your point was. You may have to waste words but at least others can understand what you're talking about.

Regarding views, you sound like a remainer. The majority disagreed with your view and therefore they must be stupid/deluded/duped because you are right.
By Kinchy
If we are to talk about British Democracy, we should start with the Democratic process of Referendum - which is when Government decides it will not take a decision on a subject, and instead passes that decision to the public.
In this referendum, the public voted to leave the EU. It was explained to the public that leaving meant leaving ALL of the EU, with NO going back, and with NO second chances to vote on the subject.
This Conservative Government recognised that the result meant Britain leaving the EU entirely (as did Labour) and in its Manifesto promised to do exactly that. Its PM promised multiple times that ''Brexit means Brexit'' and ''LEAVE MEANS LEAVE''. David Davies spent huge time and effort to secure no-strings Canada Plus deal - but MAY scuppered him, then scuppered the next Cabinet, and has now delivered ''NORWAY PLUS'' which keeps us under absolute EU control and unable to recover our fisheries or make a single free trade deal anywhere in the 94% of the world outside EU - and MAY has agreed to pay more money per annum than we ever did before up to end 2020 - and then extend indefinitely and pay 10 Billion or more every year forever to remain shackled to backward EU and unable to be free in 3x more successful forward-thinking Global economy.
THIS is the most serious breach of democracy ever in our history, and must be consigned to the rubbish heap despite May running around Brussels trying to appease the EU27 - rather similar to call me Dave going to seek a brake on uncontrolled immigration before the referendum - remember?
Now we have the Spanish sabre rattling again regarding Gibraltar, a German MEP saying he cares nothing for the UK population and I am sure more threats and insults will follow from the Franco/ German controlled EUSSR.
Leave means Leave - no second vote no matter what fancy name it might be given.
The people have ALREADY spoken.
By Kinchy
Did you not get a copy of the pamphlet delivered to EVERY UK household at a cost to the Tax payer of £9.2 million?
Oh sorry, I forget you are in Spain, so it would have been somewhat difficult for Downing Street to send it to you?
Did you vote on the 23rd of June 2016?. Or are you one of thousands of Brit Expats that
pontificate continually, whilst under the sunshine?
By Kinchy
So, no doubt you voted remain - well to put it simply - you lost. Accept the majority or do you and all remainers want the nation to keep on voting until you get the outcome you desire?

This of course is a typical EUSSR ploy and has been seen in Ireland and Holland.

Being a paid up member of the Party, do you support the treachery of the PM? I have been a Tory voter for over 45 years, but never again!!
Fire stick 4K

How easy are they to set up, before i mess it up[…]

LG 32 inch LCD TV for sale

No if it was I would have said so Thanks If you c[…]

Horizontal Property Act

This the Administrator that manages the other urba[…]

Car air conditioning top up

did they check for leaks and put a dye in case of […]

Corvera Airport

Beniconnect do it for 39 euro for up to 4 passenge[…]

Spanish pronunciation

I agree the google translate app has very good fea[…]