Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Ketron
TVTechnology wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 pm
It's simple, and anyone with common sense can see that - Brexit will be good for the U.K. economy.
Anyone who is not in business, with little understanding of economics would agree to the above comment. Most people on this forum have probably had a job, do they have any experience in international business or banking/economics / financial training? I do.
.........................................................................................................................................
As it was me that made the "above comment" , It's only manners , to "educate" you , about your above comment .

I have been "in business" for most of my adult life .
I have opened 4 business's from scratch ( not taking over an established one ), the last one , was here in Spain , in 2001.
I managed to survive the 2008/9 recession , while most of the other local business's in my area , either closed down , or have changed hands many times.
Apart from this , i (years ago) in addition to my core business's - I've had partnerships and shares in other companies , one was a very successful Tyre Service (along with my cousin ) , and the other a Night Club ( with a lifelong friend ) .

With good fortune and hard work , i have been successful , in every business , that i've been involved in .
So, i guess that makes a nonsense , out of your theory.
Better luck , next time . :D
By Burrababa
Ketron wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:55 pm
It could take day's , or even Week's for Mr Jones to think this one over - and come back with a coherent answer, Burrababa . I wouldn't hold my breath ! :D
You are absolutely right Ketron----our friend Jonesy is all mixed up :wink:

One day he is arguing for the abolition of zero hour contracts and increasing wages for workers --the next he has regrets and worries about the competitiveness of UK firms if their wage bill increases

He rails against high rents and lack of social housing and increased need for food banks---and the next day he is calling for the UK to take in child refugees and more immigrants to run the NHS---conveniently forgetting that they will need housing and social security benefits thereby exacerbating the problem of low wages high rents and poverty

Who on this Forum thinks that Jonesy's comments on this Forum make any sense?? Come on show yourselves---does anyone think he knows what he is talking about :D :D :D
By Ketron
Well Burrababa , My opinion ( for what it is worth :wink: ), is that Jonesy hasn't a clue what he's on about 99.9% of the time .
I'm sure he must confuse "himself" , very easily . :D
He reminds me of someone i once knew - who had the I.Q. equivalent of a "ripe lettuce" !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By TVTechnology
As it was me that made the "above comment" , It's only manners , to "educate" you , about your above comment .

I have been "in business" for most of my adult life .
I have opened 4 business's from scratch ( not taking over an established one ), the last one , was here in Spain , in 2001.
I managed to survive the 2008/9 recession , while most of the other local business's in my area , either closed down , or have changed hands many times.
Apart from this , i (years ago) in addition to my core business's - I've had partnerships and shares in other companies , one was a very successful Tyre Service (along with my cousin ) , and the other a Night Club ( with a lifelong friend ) .

With good fortune and hard work , i have been successful , in every business , that i've been involved in .
So, i guess that makes a nonsense , out of your theory.
Better luck , next time . :D
Well done, you survived the recession - didn't we all - 4 businesses, I have 8 since 19 years old and now paid for consultancy works! We even flourished during the recession - you are not unique buttercup :D

I think you missed the point - you took personally and not aimed at you - 99% of the people on this forum - clearly not you are not business or economically minded.

I still have a distinction in financial & banking services (no I have never been in banking) which you don't have, which I suspect may give me an edge in some understanding and also the businesses I have been involved in are international, which is relevant as have been and will be impacted by the Brexit - unlike a local nightclub or UK other locally type business.

Congratulations you are one of the 1-10% on this forum that has run a business ;-) I still do & rightly have concerns over changes in the law which will affect trade and employment from the EU.

Not sure how that makes a nonsense out of my theory, put your claws away as wasn't aimed at you. There is no theory, I work from facts and logic, none of which we seem to see much evidence of in this Brexit fiasco. Only emotion which is not a good bedfellow of business!
By Ketron
Wether it was aimed at me or not ... Your post means Zilch.

If you're such a successful tycoon ... it makes wonder , how you find the time to be on here .
If somebody is successful in any business ..that's it - full stop.

Unless , of course the mentality of "My Dad Is bigger than your Dad" , comes into play .

17.4 million people voted to get the hell out of the E.U.

Are you another of these Genius's, who think , because the majority , haven't been in business, and reached the status of Sir Richard Branson and yourself ( cough , splutter :lol: ), that they do not have any intelligence ?
Give us all a break , and keep patting yourself on the back ! :roll: :roll: :roll:
By Burrababa
The Remoaners can't agree among themselves what they want

Do they want another referendum :wink:

Do they want the Government to abort Brexit and rejoin the EU--if so can they explain what terms? :wink:

They say they want a people's vote---voting for what exacty??

Maybe there should be a referendum to find out just what Remoaners actually want and more importantly how they expect it to be delivered :D :D
By Ketron
Not strictly true Freddo .
David Cameron made it abundantly clear , as to what leaving would mean.
Spending 9 million pounds ( taxpayers money ) to "brainwash" the public into voting remain .

I don't know a Brexiteer who didn't know what they were voting for ...it couldn't have been made clearer .

Democracy must be forthcoming . Out next March !
By Mr Jones
Ketron, Renting a shop and brushing up hair is not really an act of genius is it, mark carney won’t be asking you for advice. You are not really qualified to comment on anything other than the fluctuating price of brylcreem.

I have not met one brexiteer who knows what the final deal is, a few knew what they asked Father Christmas for though.

Poor bra bra, someone explain why giving the electorate a say on the final deal is so important, I give up with this fool.

:lol:
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 am
Ketron, Renting a shop and brushing up hair is not really an act of genius is it, mark carney won’t be asking you for advice. You are not really qualified to comment on anything other than the fluctuating price of brylcreem.

I have not met one brexiteer who knows what the final deal is, a few knew what they asked Father Christmas for though.

Poor bra bra, someone explain why giving the electorate a say on the final deal is so important, I give up with this fool.

:lol:
Jonesy---it was you and your other Remoaners who want to give the electorate a final vote on the Brexit deal :roll: so silly you :D

Any business to be successful need a level of initiative and entrepreneurship that is beyond most average people---for instance although you scorn ketron for his brilliant hairdressing skills----do you think you would be able to handle a brush and comb---try brushing your own hair and see if it is easy :D :D :D
By Ketron
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 am
Ketron, Renting a shop and brushing up hair is not really an act of genius is it.
...................................................................................................................................
Yet again , you demonstrate for all of us , your total lack of knowledge . It never fails to amuse me :lol:

My first shop i occupied was on a rent (with an option to buy ) basis.
I duly did rent initially , as i wanted to be certain that the business was going to be a success , before committing myself to a commercial mortgage .
After 2 years of renting - i went for the second option .
5 years later , i sold the business as a going concern , based on it's annual turnover.

To cut a long story , my subsiquent moves , were not rentals , and every time i sold on the business's that i started - i reduced my commercial mortgage even further.
Very similar to buying and selling our homes , when the property market is f
right.

In 1989, i was mortgage free , and purchased my last (u.k.) salon outright .
I hope you're understanding this so far , knowing that you are a bit slow on the uptake.

My business here in Spain (2001 - 2016 ), i went for a leasehold , as opposed to an outright buy , because , i chose an ideal property , that was attached to 2 other business's , although , it was still self contained.
Again , when i retired , i sold this leasehold business on also .

Mr Jones ... You constantly make assumptions ( nearly always wrong one's), but i thank you for providing me , with another good belly laugh , this morning ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ketron
P.S. Mr Jones - I forgot add , that over the years, the employment i created .
Trained , and gave permanent Jobs to people ...That must surely please you ???
My last (U.K.) Salon , i sold to an employee of mine .
By Mr Jones
Bra bra

This a quote from one of your own. John Major.

Asked if he backed a further referendum, Sir John replied: “Would you buy a house without knowing the price? No, you would not.

“Should we finally decide to leave Europe without knowing the cost of doing so? And by the cost, I don’t just mean to the Government, to the nation. I mean to the lives of individual people in every constituency in the land.

“I think it’s arguable that, once the cost is known, if it is as damaging as I believe it will be, then you either face the question of letting the public endorse it or not, or five years down the road, when it is blazingly apparent how much has gone wrong, there will be a huge amount of disillusion, much greater disillusion than we’ve yet seen, with the British political system.”

I hope this explains things for you.
By Burrababa
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:30 am
Bra bra

This a quote from one of your own. John Major.

Asked if he backed a further referendum, Sir John replied: “Would you buy a house without knowing the price? No, you would not.

“Should we finally decide to leave Europe without knowing the cost of doing so? And by the cost, I don’t just mean to the Government, to the nation. I mean to the lives of individual people in every constituency in the land.

“I think it’s arguable that, once the cost is known, if it is as damaging as I believe it will be, then you either face the question of letting the public endorse it or not, or five years down the road, when it is blazingly apparent how much has gone wrong, there will be a huge amount of disillusion, much greater disillusion than we’ve yet seen, with the British political system.”

I hope this explains things for you.
Ha! HA! HA!

Jonesy ---you seem to be more confused than Manuel from Fawlty Towers :lol:

You conveniently forget that John Major is one of your Remoaner lot

So now you agree how stupid Remoaners are :wink:

I knew you would see sense--although belatedly :D

Me too.

AEPD Data Protection

Good point Bee, it was about 12 years ago that I t[…]

www.torrevieja.co.uk

Thanks to Gary for everything and best wishes for […]

Brexit should be cancelled. We all know it is a ba[…]