Torrevieja Forum

Tele Tech Gif

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By Ketron
johnnyC wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm
update!

Result of a poll in yesterday,s Daily Mirror ..."should assisted suicide be legalised in the Uk?"
97% Yes. 3% No

How can the politicians, lawyers, and religious objectors deny such a will for it??
..........................................................................................................................
Same with Capital Punishment , JohnnyC
Last survey i saw ...83% of the public asked ,were in favour of it being re-introduced for murder and terrorism offences.
Pity the government didn't have a referendum on that.
By TVTechnology
Always found this a little over-reaching.

At the end of it all, my life is my life - I couldn't care less about what any politician in any party says.

If I had a terminal illness & was in pain and chewing up money which could be better spent on those with a future (family), then i'd do what is required in order to not put myself or my family though any more unnecessary pain.

It's not if they can do anything after the fact is it?
By Sheff_Blade
If only real life were as simple as that. The problems start when families start putting pressure on parents etc to commit suicide because they see their inheritance dwindling away on health and care bills. It probably happens now but imagine if were as simple as going down to the 'retirement' clinic: "Don't bother packing a bag mum, and just leave your bank card on the kitchen table with the PIN number!"
By Jimbo1916
This is typical propaganda bandied about the anti assisted suicide brigade and borders on the ridiculous. There are too many safeguards in place anyway.

Take a look at the facts.........https://www.dignityindying.org.uk/

And suicide is the wrong term. Suicide is undertaken for several reasons......Depression....A cry for help sometimes......Remorse..... Even accidently ... There are many reasons.

But in the main it`s by people who are physically healthy with a full life ahead of them. In other words .. not dying and in excruciating pain.

Dignity in Dying means exactly what it says.
By Sheff_Blade
You say there are safeguards but as assisted suicide is illegal I have no idea what you are referring to. The website is simple an 'advert' for assisted suicide so hardly offers any safeguards.

Suicide is the taking of one's own life, voluntarily and intentionally, so it is exactly the right term. As to 'dignity in dying', that's just another meaningless strapline; death is death and there's nothing dignified about it.

I have no strong views, one way or the other, so I'm certainly not part of any brigade. I am simply putting one side of the argument in the interest of balance. There would need to be some very specific checks and balances written into any such law.
By Jimbo1916
Sheff_Blade wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 pm
I have no strong views, one way or the other,
You could have fooled me.

Read the website properly .. It`s informing, not advertising.

What`s so difficult to understand the following statement and by the way, both my wife and I are talking from personal experience with loved ones and I`m not going to cheapen the issue with ill informed banter ... This is my last word on the matter.

ASSISTED DYING
Assisted dying allows a dying person the choice to control their death if they decide their suffering is unbearable
By Mrs Nelson
You know when your numbers up, your grandkids start to visit more, and start making decorating suggestions,

“ this room would look a lot bigger without you and granny and all your antwacky crap in it “

“ have you ever been snowboarding grandad “

“ nana come to the all night rave with me “

:D
Flu Jab

Diy FLu jab Kits, Is that not dangerous?

Charlie

Yes Friday afternoons and Tuesday's they have webs[…]

Restaurant La Siesta / El Chaparral)

Lovely restaurant next to Churchill s bar. Span[…]

Major Road Disruption

Consum access back to normal after 7 days, way to[…]

Dish washer for sale

Hi Can you give pick up details -location etc (do […]

ryanair online

that is the one I was trying but when I switched t[…]

Tobacco Shops

I believe that the prices for tobacco products a[…]