Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By Member " BRANDYBOY ".
This Section Is For Discussions About Politics Only.

Moderator: Moderator

By old boy
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 am
Looks like your WFA is going to go

The proposal is that, as I suggested many moons ago, the Winter Fuel Payment is to be means tested. I just hope that the test will be based on earnings and savings rather than including the value of the claimant's home.

Not before time.
By Kinchy
I'm ready for a good laugh.

You've obviously not read the full version of the Communist Manifesto, full of comedy

I for one would not care if it does from a personal view. If it goes to help social care then I will feel that in a small way I have helped someone who really needs help.
Also, it is a price very very very worth paying to keep that Communist scum as far from Government as possible.
On another point, it says that Corporation Tax will be 17% by 2020, more investment ergo more jobs, a strong economy and a nation on a stable platform for the future.
Roll on the 8th of June :D
By Mrs Nelson
old boy wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 am
Mrs Nelson wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 am

The proposal is that, as I suggested many moons ago, the Winter Fuel Payment is to be means tested. I just hope that the test will be based on earnings and savings rather than including the value of the claimant's home.

Not before time.

Yes I remember when you suggested that means testing could be involved, I'm glad I never suggested it.

Only time will tell if kids of home owners will have to forgo their inheritance in order to pay for care for their ageing parents. They are suggesting on tv that an equity release scheme might apply which could soon have the care provider owning the house, but at the end of the day, a Tory manifesto promise is worthless so I wouldn't worry.
No doubt that it will be roughly the same as it is now for those that have to go into a care/nursing home; the local authority will place a lien on the property.

This does seem fair as, as I have just stated in the paragraph above, payment has to be made for those going into care, so why shouldn't payment be made for those that stay in their own homes. And the cost will, in theory, be lower as the care provider will not be providing "hotel" costs.

Of course, the alternative is that, as in so many other countries around the world, people take responsibility for caring for their relatives so that they are not a financial burden on the state. Somehow, I doubt that that would be supported by many any more than they would support raising taxes to meet the costs.
Personally I think May is playing the electorate, robbing everyone's policies, to get a vote, I'm pretty sure she won't or can't deliver on half of this stuff but the pensioners are never going to vote ukip or labour in a Tory area are they so she won't lose them and she is where she is in all the other areas so a bit of a gamble but nice odds.
Personally I think May is playing the electorate, robbing everyone's policies, to get a vote, I'm pretty sure she won't or can't deliver on half of this stuff but the pensioners are never going to vote ukip or labour in a Tory area are they so she won't lose them and she is where she is in all the other areas so a bit of a gamble but nice odds.

Whatever she is going to wipe the floor with Chairman Jeremy, Commissar McDonnell
Emily Loganberry and Miss Spoke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The labour heartlands think Chairman Jeremy is toxic - how true that word and its application is.
"Red Sails in the Sunset....."

With Miss Spoke in the crows nest having just sighted the land called Oblivion, whilst Commodore Corbyn was taking tea with Gerry Adams in the ward room and First Officer Mc Donnell was politically indoctrinating a class of sea farers as the usual Political Commissar Miss Loganberry was away in Russia, with Red Lens former bag carrier. :D

Thank you :D Liar.jpg

Hey napoleon You should learn to read, I’m[…]

Mens Suit Shop

Try Astoria in Torrevieja, they stock classy cloth[…]

Windrush

Wise words dave, Kev do you know there is only o[…]

Just be prepared, I thought I had sorted all my pr[…]

Bug based snacks in carrefour

I disagree What about drout and deforestation t[…]

RIP Dale Winton

For Christ’s sake are you still at it. I del[…]

Alan, try putting a dab of savalon or similar crea[…]